Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
My only question is....+EV or -EV play? That's all that matters to me.
Either way, how much is he up or down?
I chuckle because THIS is the AP mentality 100%. This is just the way we think.

Back when I joined this forum, I was using a signature line about how I tracked my play via EV, adding up all the different expected value into a running number, that I called "accumulated EV". Regardless of what happened that day, in the end (long term) the EV and actual results would sinc up. I concluded 'That way every day is a winning day" which was meant to be humorous. But that humor and this concept was lost on some of the non-AP's on the forum. One guy started calling my accumulated EV "phantom bucks", , proving he didn't have a clue about advantage play.

Another time I wrote about a day that I lost I forget the amount maybe 6 grand. But I had gotten in a lot or rounds that day at pretty good game for a high expected value (EV) total. I concluded that was a good day. Again somebody, a late member of this forum, just couldn't grasp that concept and harped on it for months.

What are you going to do? There are AP's and non-AP's and we just don't think the same way.
I do the same. Poker writer David Sklansky called these “Sklansky bucks” ie if you had 80% equity in a $100 pot but got unlucky and lost the pot he suggested not thinking of it as losing $100 but winning $80 Sklansky bucks.