I've had a long running problem with T Mobile and its cell phone service... but only when I am at home. I believe I am living in a "near dead zone" where sometimes I do not receive incoming phone calls. And when it rains this problem intensifies.

I've had this same problem for years -- when I used a Blackberry and now with a Samsung Galaxy. It would be very unusual to have the same problem with two different phones, don't you think?

The problem occurs frequently. On December 21st I reported to T Mobile that all incoming calls were going directly to my voice mail and my phone did not ring. A trouble report was made and a "ticket" was issued. On December 22nd the problem cleared up.

On December 25th, Christmas Day, I received an email from my son saying that he tried calling me and his calls were going directly to email. My phone showed no missed calls, and it didn't show his email either -- nor others I received. So I called tech support at T Mobile again and I reported the problem was continuing.

They checked the "ticket" from December 21st and engineers reported the problem was "corrected." Well, I said, if the problem is corrected why does it continue today?

The tech support person ran me through the usual drill about restarting the phone, removing SIM card and battery, restarting and then said she would call me back. I didn't get a call back either because the tech support lady forgot or couldn't because I couldn't receive incoming calls.

Before I restarted my phone I was promised a call from customer service today, December 26th, but there was no call.

Today, I did receive one call at home... but I wasn't home much at all.

On days when I have had this problem at home and I traveled just a few miles away from home, my phones (both the Blackberry and the Samsung) worked perfectly, which reinforces my belief that it is my service area.

In fact, when I reported my trouble before, service reps have told me they received similar complaints.

Well, T Mobile might have plenty of towers nationwide, but there is a problem with the tower where I live. Perhaps the T Mobile gal would like to jump on her pink motorcycle and fix it for me?

In the meantime there is no excuse for customer service at T Mobile for not calling me.