Thread: Just bad service from T Mobile.

I've had a long running problem with T Mobile and its cell phone service... but only when I am at home. I believe I am living in a "near dead zone" where sometimes I do not receive incoming phone calls. And when it rains this problem intensifies.

I've had this same problem for years -- when I used a Blackberry and now with a Samsung Galaxy. It would be very unusual to have the same problem with two different phones, don't you think?

The problem occurs frequently. On December 21st I reported to T Mobile that all incoming calls were going directly to my voice mail and my phone did not ring. A trouble report was made and a "ticket" was issued. On December 22nd the problem cleared up.

On December 25th, Christmas Day, I received an email from my son saying that he tried calling me and his calls were going directly to email. My phone showed no missed calls, and it didn't show his email either -- nor others I received. So I called tech support at T Mobile again and I reported the problem was continuing.

They checked the "ticket" from December 21st and engineers reported the problem was "corrected." Well, I said, if the problem is corrected why does it continue today?

The tech support person ran me through the usual drill about restarting the phone, removing SIM card and battery, restarting and then said she would call me back. I didn't get a call back either because the tech support lady forgot or couldn't because I couldn't receive incoming calls.

Before I restarted my phone I was promised a call from customer service today, December 26th, but there was no call.

Today, I did receive one call at home... but I wasn't home much at all.

On days when I have had this problem at home and I traveled just a few miles away from home, my phones (both the Blackberry and the Samsung) worked perfectly, which reinforces my belief that it is my service area.

In fact, when I reported my trouble before, service reps have told me they received similar complaints.

Well, T Mobile might have plenty of towers nationwide, but there is a problem with the tower where I live. Perhaps the T Mobile gal would like to jump on her pink motorcycle and fix it for me?

In the meantime there is no excuse for customer service at T Mobile for not calling me.

No one from T Mobile has called me back, however, today I received a text message saying "Your rebate has been received. Please allow 8 weeks for processing." It appears I am getting a credit of some sorts for the service problems. But I wonder if they've fixed the problem or just paying me off to shut up?

It's January 8th and the bad service continues. This afternoon no incoming calls reached my phone for several hours, and I got emails from friends and business associates that hte calls went directly to voice mail. This is the same problem I've been living with for more than three years. It occurs with my new phone, and my previous phone so it is not a problem with my hardware.

Since December the problem has escalated and the same problem has repeated four times. Each time a "trouble report" is made and T Mobile engineers claim they fixed the service tower in my area and the problem is fixed. But the problem returns.

I am on the phone now with a service rep who says the problem is now being "escalated." After three years it's being "escalated" only now? So another report was filed.

So T Mobile, here are the "tickets" and your employees who were supposed to call me back and follow up with me:

1653158 on December 21, 2012 "Tiffany" said she would follow up with me in three days, but did not.
    1681870 on December 25, 2012 (no incoming calls on Christmas) Annabell said she would follow up with me in three days, but did not. By the way, her representative number is 12274327

1741865 today, January 8, 2013 Andrew R. representative number 871204799 said he will follow up with me in three days.

And in my last post I said a "rebate" was coming? Well, it wasn't for the service problem. It was for the new phone I purchased that still has the same service problem my old phone had.

But today, I was told I was going to get a statement credit of $75. Well, that doesn't come close to covering the cost of the aggravation and inconvenience. T Mobile, your service is bad.

I am on the phone again with T-Mobile -- in fact I am on with the fourth person from T-Mobile -- because the same problem was back today. Again, several people called me but the calls went directly to voice mail. The first service rep confirmed -- again -- that the problem is with the service tower and that my previous trouble reports were being investigated. Yes, they are still being investigated.

Well, now I am on the phone with the fourth service rep who says he is a manager and he says there is no problem. That's right. Despite the fact that my problem has continued for several years, and despite the fact that other service reps have told me of similar complaints, "there is no problem that T-Mobile deems to be fixed." The manager is Everett and his employee number 50740 and his office is in New Mexico.

Everett tells me there is nothing that can be done. So I asked him for a report about trouble ticket 1741854 which was filed on January 8th. Earlier today another service rep told me that trouble ticket was still waiting to be investigated. Everett told me it is still in an "open status." The bottom line is they cannot guarantee service. "We have never guaranteed service in any particular location and we cannot make that guarantee."

I signed a two-year contract with T-Mobile 16 months ago. The service ... It's unfair that there is poor access for users in some areas.

T-Mobile has the absolute worst customer service.

I had then from around 2003-2008, and while I didn't have many complaints about their phone service itself, their customer service was beyond bad (and RUDE!)

I've had various other providers before and after that, and T-Mobile has hands down the WORST customer service.

AVOID!
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Here's your fix Alan: Switch to Verizon. They have a 4G Network Extender that fixes all problems with reception in your home. Their customer service probably isn't any different than the others--you usually get a collection of dumbasses/foreigners/minorities who got in at entry level and have to "axe" their co-workers or supervisors every question you ask before you get some sort of answer. But their cell phone service is tops.

Banned
    The Great White North ................. w/o having to come to ................. Alaska!
    We have something called www.Freephoneline.ca / Fongo up here.

You have to be a bit of a techie to get everything to work properly, but most of it's free most of the time.

Very good service. A forum comes with it.

Thread Information