View Poll Results: Which way to go to Las Vegas and back?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Take a plane.

0 0%
  • Drive my car.

2 100.00%
  • Take a train.

0 0%
  • Take a bus.

0 0%
  • Charter group transportation.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Los Angeles Las Vegas bus schedule

With the advent of Megabus there are actually quite a few bus transportation options now from Las Vegas to Los Angeles. Some may actually be rideable, although nothing beats the flexibility of coming and going on your own schedule, as long as you don't mind the drive. I've compiled a list of the options at http://tinyurl.com/LA-LVSched

On the busiest day (usually the weekend), there are 33 bus options now between LA and Las Vegas, with a combined capacity of about 1,800 seats/day. X-Train will provide 576 seats a day, and about 70 flights on an average weekday from all LA area airports (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA) for a capacity of about 11,000 people.

What is MegaBus??

http://www.lvrj.com/news/megabus-tak...184598131.html
    www.megabus.com

Last week there were $1 fares from Union Station and Riverside Metrolink to the South Strip Transfer Terminal, near where all the rental car lots for McCarran are. From South Strip you could transfer to one of the Strip and Downtown Express articulated buses that ply down Las Vegas Boulevard. Ironically the fare for that could cost more than your initial trip from Los Angeles.

Megabus is big on the east coast. They use a revenue model of deeply discounted teaser fares and reasonable base fares. In this market they have about 10 seats at $1, another 10 seats at $3, 10 seats at $5, and topping out at $25. Because you have to use the Internet to buy tickets, it keeps the Greyhound crowd away, plus it doesn't stop at that awful Los Angeles Greyhound terminal. It's a bus so the seats are packed in tight, but there is wi-fi available.

Sounds like an interesting idea, and I wouldn't rule it out. Personally, I prefer driving my own car because I can go when I want to go and more importantly, when I'm busted I can get the heck outta there.

Thread Information