Thread: Bad Experiences at Harrah's/Caesars

Had some problems my last trip to Lv with the various Harrah's properties.

I don't like to play anything at CET properties, but I do like to put first-time LV friends at the Flamingo or Paris. Bad idea this trip.

I booked a couple of rooms at the Flamingo for people. First 24 hours -- no maid service. Had to call to get maid service. Second night -- paper slipped under door stating no water from 10 PM to 5 AM. I'm okay with that. At 6 AM -- blue stuff gushes out of faucets. No hot water all day. No hot water by next morning. We check out early.

I call Harrah's box office and ask, "Is Big Elvis performing today? What times today?" I specifically did not ask the generic question, "What days does he perform?" Anyway, I'm put on hold for 5-6 minutes, then get the answer -- 2 PM, 3:30 PM. Go to Harrah's. Big Elvis isn't performing -- the lounge is being renovated.

Get comp slips for Mac King show. Slips say Mac King. Get tickets at showroom. Tickets say Mac King. No signage saying it's not Mac King. Well, it ain't Mac King. I liked the sub, but a lot of people from Kentucky were in the audience (Mac King is from Kentucky), and they were not happy.

Any comments/suggestions?

Sounds like the vacation from Hell. Did I ever tell you about the New Year's Eve trip when we couldn't get maid service to the room for two days -- beds and linens never touched, no fresh towels, nothing cleaned?? Horrors happen.

I hope that they gave you some compensation or consideration. Something. If not for that disaster then something free to return.

Remember when that stomach virus went through, I think, Flamingo a few years ago? People who got sick were given some comps for another trip and I know people who did become ill and used the comps later. I don't think you can compensate for illness with free rooms but they accepted it. If I got sick I'd want cash, and maybe lots of it.

Despite the general unhappiness about Caesars properties in general, the new higher tier levels, reduction in the use or benefit of hosts, and on and on, I can honestly say that I have never had any problem of the type you describe.

I did have a friend that found a dead hooker under her bed at an MGM Mirage property years ago.

I had a huge problem at the Flamingo on a recent trip to Vegas. Lackadaisical staff, terrible valet service, rude dealers, shitty room, etc. HOWEVER, I did write to Flamingo when they provided me with their comment card via e-mail. I just took a trip to Vegas Dec. 26th-28th and stayed at Flamingo and my experience was TERRIFIC! So, I know how you feel, you might want to write them about your experience and I'm sure they will take care of you. Despite CET being stingy, they are a big proponent on customer service and I personally think it shows with how attentive their staff is.

I hate to admit it but my experience with CET is that the employees are generally friendlier there than anywhere else.

I didn't understand. You booked the room for friends, then you wrote as if you stayed in the room with the problems. ?

I know there can be multiple problems at ANY hotel on any trip, but while I've booked many many comp rooms in the Harrahs system for myself and even more for friends and acquaintences in which I checked in then gave them the keys, I'm also part of the group who have never experienced any issues at all with CET. Their overall service level must have dipped some in the past few years.
    Last edited by Rob.Singer; 01-08-2013 at 07:05 PM.

I was in charge of a group -- we had multiple rooms -- all with the same problems.

Thread Information