Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Wizard of Vegas Comes Clean On His Forum

How did this thread go from a discussion of the Wizard's gambling ability to Arci's potty habits?

Ya gotta love it.

Originally Posted by regnis View Post
    How did this thread go from a discussion of the Wizard's gambling ability to Arci's potty habits?

Ya gotta love it.
    Crazy things happen with kids in a sandbox.

Alan can now claim his site has advice for medical problems.

Actually, it turns out that a single urination at night is not even considered a problem. Has to be 2 times or more before the medical community will spend any time with a patient. A recent study showed over 50% of people over 55 get up to urinate at least once.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2735085/

"the phenomenon of nightly awakenings for bathroom trips has become so commonplace that it can essentially be considered a cultural “norm” or expectation among older persons."

What we have here is Singer trying to change the subject after being caught in another lie. Unfortunately for him, all he did was demonstrate his ignorance.

I'm working on the patent for my long tube attached to a bucket for men of a certain age. I'm ready to retire so this is my chance.

Originally Posted by regnis View Post
    I'm working on the patent for my long tube attached to a bucket for men of a certain age. I'm ready to retire so this is my chance.
    This is not funny. I have lots of post-transplant stories to tell you. :-)

I'm stunned that Dancer claimed they won on that Riv promotion. Is that true?

Rereading the original LVAdvisor blog makes me think they got hammered.

Over on vpfree Dancer stated they won money.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    I'm stunned that Dancer claimed they won on that Riv promotion. Is that true?

Rereading the original LVAdvisor blog makes me think they got hammered.
    Arci's like reporters on MSNBC. I clearly understood the implication of their not only losing, but losing big time in Dancer's scathing column about that promotion, so I brought it up on vpFree to embarrass him. And that it did, as he then did a 180 and claim they "won" rather having to endure a prolonged "why Mr. VP idol?" & "Oh No!, how could it possibly be, Mr. Perennial Winner?" Further embarrassment to Dancer came in the form of the Wizard saying they LOST the promotion, followed by his surprise quitting the GWAE show as co-host to Dancer. And I did all this posting and reading without needing a peepee bag

You still haven't provided a reference to the Wizard saying they lost. Hence, we can only conclude this is another lie trying to cover for your other lies. What a tangled web we weave ....

Here's the link to the article about the Riviera promotion. From reading it, it appears neither APs did well with one of them saying he was running out of cash:

http://www.lasvegasadvisor.com/bob_dancer/2013/0108.cfm

But I don't recall any specific comments about how much was won or lost.

I mentioned this in other fourms, but I guess I did not say it here. This was the first LVA blog column of this kind wherein Dancer did not state what he won or lost. That was very curious. The fact he stopped playing because he ran out of money doesn't suggest he won. The fact the Wizard quit the show doesn't suggest he won.

It's possible Dancer won, but presented the experience in ambiguous terms in the LVA blog to keep others from playing, but then why is he even allowed to do the blog on LVA if it's featuring misdirection and misleading reports? It does the readers no good and is in Dancer's service.

Everyone but arci, of course, is making valid points here, and absent what the Wizard said on his forum, even a 6th grader would deduce that this promotion did not end well for these two guys. Why? First, because as redietz said, Dancer's column screams failure. Then, it's the way he reacted when I challenged him on vpFree about trying to make himself look good in response to another suspicious poster by suddenly saying "we won something". Instead of explaining why he felt it necessary to belittle the Riviera as a property and every employee within after the promo concluded--as I asked him to--he chose to say he won and how happy he & the Wizard were with theirnew & precious little colorful "premium" slot club cards. Then Shack quits the show unexpectedly on air. Then someone sends me a thread link on the Wizard's forum and in one of the other threads I skimmed thru I saw him say he was not doing very well gambling lately and that he lost a lot on the promotion.

It all makes perfect sense to anyone without an alternate agenda. But unlike arci, I don't just sit around searching for things on the Internet because I'm feeling sorry for myself and all the down time there is. In fact, he's a forum member there. You'd think he's already seen it and he's just playing his usual game of withholding incriminating information once again

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    It's possible Dancer won, but presented the experience in ambiguous terms in the LVA blog to keep others from playing, but then why is he even allowed to do the blog on LVA if it's featuring misdirection and misleading reports? It does the readers no good and is in Dancer's service.
    I was also troubled that Dancer wrote in the column that they elected not to reported the change about the bonus on their radio show. I would think that they would have an obligation to report that kind of information as part of honest reporting. This makes me wonder if the station expects them to give honest reporting, or if the program is "paid programming" which means they don't have to be fair and open and can use the program strictly to push their own agenda?

edited to add: This is the section of the web article which troubles me:

On Thursday, Shack told me that the slot director informed him there would be no 5x anything. We discussed whether to talk about the promo over the air Thursday night, but we felt that the Riv was doing a sort of bait-and-switch tactic on us and we weren't in the mood to help them out. Plus, of course, if we convinced others to play heavily, our chances would be reduced proportionately.
    Last edited by Alan Mendelson; 01-31-2013 at 08:53 PM.

Just as I suspected. Singer can not provide a reference to his claim that the Wizard stated they had lost. So, we are left once more with absolute proof that Singer is a liar. He does this all the time. Takes what he wants to believe and spews it out as a fact. On the other hand, it's always nice that he keeps providing evidence of his fabrications. He makes it tough believing anything he says ... which is a very good thing.

Originally Posted by arcimede$ View Post
    Just as I suspected. Singer can not provide a reference to his claim that the Wizard stated they had lost. So, we are left once more with absolute proof that Singer is a liar. He does this all the time. Takes what he wants to believe and spews it out as a fact. On the other hand, it's always nice that he keeps providing evidence of his fabrications. He makes it tough believing anything he says ... which is a very good thing.
    Sounds just like Obama, now THATS insulting! Rob better come back with a good retort.

Has anyone just considered a cage match for Rob and Arci. Can stream it and sell tickets on all the VP forums on which they have battled.

Obama has a good reason for his cajoling of and manipulating the facts. Arci has only that he's trying to fill in a plethora of self-created down time while having absolutely nothing interesting left to look forward in life to. And after both a failed vp life along with destroying someone else's thru a deep selfishness fanatically driven by a life-controlling gambling habit, he rightfully has little to nothing left while all he can do is squirm every time he has to read about our active and happy retirement life. Fitting? Indeed.

Rob, can you give Arci the source of your information?

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Rob, can you give Arci the source of your information?
    Info about what--the fact that the Wizard said he lost the Riv promo and is a lifelong loser at AP vp? Arci lives there just as much as he can't go thru a day without being involved in every gaming forum known because he has nothing else or better to do. He's already had stomach pits from seeing it. How about the fact that he ruined his wife's life by not getting her out of Vegas until he gave everything they had to the poker machines chasing AP fantasies? That's easy--he's said much of that himself on forums, and all one need do after those admissions is fill in the humiliating blanks for a very clear picture. Of course now, since he's gonna have to spend the rest of his life paying for his selfishness, he's busy trying to reinvent himself as a winner as well as rewrite history wherever anyone calls his bluffs.

This is why he's so much fun to make fun of. Remember that chipping away process? Stick around, and you'll get to enjoy it again. "Tested geniuses" were never taught how to help themselves

I am not at all interested in any chipping away process, Rob, but I am interested in where you found, read or heard the information that you are referring to? If you read it online, tell us where so we can read it or copy and paste for us. If someone told you over lunch, say that. If you got a phone call from someone who said they read it, please say that. Instead you return to the same old song which never made the top 40, isn't a song the rest of us like to sing with you, and is sung at an off key that doesn't appeal to anyone either.

Thread Information