We had our Valentines dinner at the relatively new Seasons 52 at the Century City mall. For those of you who know the Westfield Century City mall Seasons 52 is located where Houstons used to be.

The restaurant kept many of the same features of the old Houstons but Seasons 52 is dramatically different. I came away with a full stomach, pleasantly surprised at the delicious tastes, and relieved that it was moderately priced which was the icing on the cake.

Actually, it was the icing on the two desserts we add (I think it was icing) that really was the icing on the cake of a beautiful meal.

Spinach salad was fresh and supurb. Lobster bisque soup was okay -- no complaint but just okay. We had the flatbread appetizer with steak and mushrooms which was a perfect appetizer for two. For an entre I had a filet mignon which was a perfect size and cooked just right to order with asparagus and big, delicious mushrooms. There was also garlic mashed potatoes but I skipped the potatoes to make room for the desserts --

The desserts were two mini parfaits: one was a crusless pecan pie and the other was a crustless peanut butter and chocolate something. Yeah -- a something that was something delicious.

We were greeted with small glasses of champagne for a Valentines toast which I thought was a nice touch for the holiday crowd.

For those of you that don't know Seasons 52 the menu changes weekly and with the season so you can enjoy seasonal goodies. And the dishes are limited to 475 calories. But don't food yourself -- two or three 475 dishes and you have a very filling meal.

But to sum it up, Seasons 52 is where portion control meets delicious plus attentive service and moderate prices. I'll go back.