Thread: Fast food fish sandwiches, which one is best?

I've been trying some of the various fast food restaurant fish sandwiches that are now available on menus.

Jack In The Box has a pretty good sandwich, as does the new Carls Jr. sanwich. They both make the McDonald's fish sandwich look like a poor competitor.

What has impressed me so far is that both Jack and Carl have delivered a nice and hot (temperature-wise) fish sandwich at their drive-through windows.

I've had Wendy's fish sandwich as well but I prefer what Jack In The Box and Carls Jr. have.

I've pretty much given up on McDonalds.

I like sandwiches and fast food fish sandwiches are my favorite. I don't like McDonald's filet-o-fish. I've had a bad meet with seeing them microwave, so I don't recommend it. Wendy's is very excellent though.
    Wings Hinterland Retreat
    31 Red Oak Drive Tallai QLD 4213 Australia
    Phone : +61 407 037 811
    wingshinterlandretreat.com
    Massive Luxury Holiday Home for 21 persons. Perfect for Family Holidays or corporate getaways.
    Wings Gold Coast

I wanted to update this: Jack In The Box has discontinued its fish sandwich at many of the restaurants in the Los Angeles area, and I think that the promotion is over for now. Carl's Jr still has its fish sandwich and frankly the Carl's sandwich is better with a better bun, sauce, lettuce, etc. One complaint with the Carl's fish sandwich is that it tends to be a messier sandwich with too much "dripping" from the sauce which may be why they have it double-wrapped. But the double wrapping and the dripping makes it difficult to eat in the car... and mostly I'm a drive-thru customer.

Come to think of it, Carl's likes to make "messy food" and it goes with their "man theme." Eating messy food is good to do if you're a cowboy or eating on the beach -- but during a lunch break you don't want to eat messy food that will mess up your work clothes.

Thread Information