Thread: Denver Broncos player accused of cheating at LV craps table

He only added $5 to his bet? Don't these NFL players make something like a million bucks a year... and he had to risk it all with $5 post betting?

Was he adding it to the flat bet or the odds? Either way, I think he can beat this on the "ignorance of the rules" defense. He will argue that he saw other players add to their bets and make "put bets" and thought he was okay doing what he did.

I really can't believe this because a criminal matter.

One time I was playing craps alone at Bally's. A guy ran up next to me, threw a rolled up rubber banded wad of cash on the field, box man announced "money plays". I rolled a non-field #---don't remember what it was. He grabbed the wad and pocketed it. They stopped him and made him put the wad back on the table. He did---but they still wouldn't let him go. Apparently, he had 2 wads, and he tried to switch them. Got to give him a B+ for creativity.

By the way, the Denver player has a 4 year 2.5 million contract and makes 555,000 this year.

Originally Posted by regnis View Post
    By the way, the Denver player has a 4 year 2.5 million contract and makes 555,000 this year.
    Only $555,000 per year? Then maybe he needed the extra five bucks???

I've been thinking about his "defense" and how's this:

He was putting out an extra red chip so he would be paid in green. But being an NFL player and not a regular gambler, he didn't know that the extra chip should have been put next to the original bet or thrown towards the dealer, and not put on top of the original bet.

Thread Information