Thread: LUCK is almost EVERYTHING in Video Poker

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Let's talk about the example of a full house with three aces in 7/5 bonus. Your strategy is to hold the three aces and your strategy, if I recall, is based on single line machines.
    Recently I played a 50-line machine and I was dealt AAA-TT ... a full house with three aces and the pay table on the 50-line machine was also 7/5.

So I sat there a moment and "did the math" and considered the correct conventional play (hold the full house) and hold just the three aces (your play).

Holding the dealt full house the pay was $1750 (it was a $1 game).

Using your strategy, I considered these options:

1. At the worst, I would have trip aces worth $750
    2, If I converted one of the hands to quads, I would have $400 + 49 X 15 = $1135
    3. If I converted two of the hands to quads, I would have $800 + 48 X 15 = $1520
    4. If I converted three of the hands to quads, I would have $1200 + 47 X 15 = $1905

I did not figure what would happen if I had drawn additional full houses while holding just the three aces because at best I would still be back at $1750.

So I was pretty darn lucky being dealt a full house for $1750. Tossing that out I would have to get really lucky to draw quad aces at least three times to beat it. But since there was only one ace left, and the odds of drawing a fourth ace was 1/47 on each hand and I would need at least three quad aces to beat the dealt jackpot, I held the dealt full house.

Yes, I was lucky enough and didn't want to make myself unlucky. of course it would have been different playing any number of other games, but this was 7/5 Bonus.
    You all go right ahead and have the same discussion over and over again. This has already been discussed a zillion times on this forum. It's just another twist to the same story. First Rob claimes all his winnings are based 95% on luck and he has the same amount of luck as everybody else, after that he starts telling he actually has more luck than AP-ers because of his system (which by his own saying just determines the outcome of all his gambling exploits for 5%).

But then there is this little akward thing called reality, all people playing videopoker who depend on luck (playing any kind of strategy) lose except for one person who is just the luckiest sob in the world (as I have been saying for about a year). And here we are again, one year later, same results for a new twisted story.

If you don't see how this topic is very similar to beating the horse some more (after it already died months ago) than please continue and have fun. I seriously hope nobody else while chime in so you and Rob can discuss the same old same old until eternity and Rob can continue to dislocate his own shoulder by patting himself on the back some more.

Am I irritated? Yes, Rob I'm irritated! Why? because you're the most pathetic individual I have ever encountered. In post number 17 you are replying to me and the first thing you do is another attempt to drag Arci in to derail this whole discussion again from the get go. You're just being the usual troll.
    Last edited by Vegas_lover; 03-27-2013 at 01:45 AM.

Thread Information