There is a very fine art galley in Las Vegas called Centaur Galleries in the Fashion Show Mall at the north end of the Strip near the Wynn.

And Centaur is having a "Spring Clearance Sale" which by itself is not unusual because they do have sales several times a year.

But what caught my eye was this major dealer of Leroy Neiman art has a piece that Neiman did on the Stardust. It is a hand signed serigraph (silk screen) which might be of interest to Las Vegas fans.

Neiman is one of the great "Las Vegas Artists" because Vegas fit in with notoriety and fame as a "sports artist."

Neiman's "gaming art" has included Baccarat, Blackjack, Roulette, Poker, and Vegas Craps.

Neiman passed away last year. I met him at the MGM Grand several years ago... we were both waiting in the VIP lounge to check-in before a big fight.

I was surprised to find out that many of his limited edition serigraphs (silk screens) that are numbered and hand signed are still available on the market in the price range of about $5,000 to $12,000 for the pieces in color, and as little as $1,500 for the pieces in black and white.

And now I'm surprised to find that a Neiman piece has been added to a Spring Clearance Sale.

Well, the art business did get hurt by the Great Recession. And I guess it is understandable that if Vegas got hurt by the recession, Vegas art would get hurt too.