Thread: Parlaying hard ways at craps

I stopped by Harrah's Rincon the other day to drop in for a short time. I didn't really want to "play" because I was in the area to meet with a client and I had only a few minutes to check on a promotion they were running. So in my short time I decided to make a few small $5 bets at card craps.

I don't like the game and I would never play it seriously.

So this time I decided just to make a $5 fire bet, a $5 passline bet and a $5 Hard Six.

Why a hard six? Well I don't bet hardways in Vegas, but I've seen too many hard sixes come around at card craps. I don't know if there is any real proof of more hard sixes at craps, but that's just how it appeared to me.

So there I am with a $5 pass line bet and a $5 fire bet and a $5 hard six. The hard six hits and pays $50. I press my hard six from $5 to $25 and I get $25 profit. A few rolls later it's hard six again and this time my $25 hard six pays $250. I press the hard six to $50 and take the $200 profit.

If it had hit again it would have paid $500... but it didn't and the $50 was lost.

I made a few other hard 6 bets that lost, but then one hits again and I press to $25 and take $25 as profit. This second $25 hard six was lost -- the hard six did not return.

This might have been the first time in years that I either made hardways bets or pressed them, and I don't remember ever hitting a parlay or half-parlay.

Anybody with any thoughts on hardways betting?

If I bet a hard way for $25 and it hits, I parlay it. If I bet it for $50 or more, I usually just double it. But it depends also on the type of shooter---I will parlay most hardways if I am shooting well that day. Also, it depends how much I have on the number itself. For example, I bet the 10 for $200 with a $50 hardway almost every hand. If the first 10 comes hard, I will not parlay, but I will press the 10 to $500 because the hardway covered the press.If it came soft, I will re-bet the $50 hardway and parlay if it hits.

Give the math guys some oxygen---house edge on the hard ways will have them dropping--lol.

Thread Information