Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Why Won't Alan Consult a Mathematician?

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Actually, Arc, the only thing I care about is that this forum allows free and open discussion without insults. So please stop calling people stupid. And please do continue to tell us what is wrong with our thinking. Thanks.
    Alan, I didn't call anyone stupid. I simply pointed out cause and effect. All I have done is used proven mathematics to demonstrate everything I have stated. Now we have some people claiming that proven mathematics is wrong. What would you call that kind of behavior?

redietz if indeed Rob has some information that can help people, you betcha I'm going to point it out. I think he's got it right when he talks about win goals and loss limits.

Originally Posted by arcimede$ View Post
    Alan, I didn't call anyone stupid. I simply pointed out cause and effect. All I have done is used proven mathematics to demonstrate everything I have stated. Now we have some people claiming that proven mathematics is wrong. What would you call that kind of behavior?
    Please go ahead and point out the correct mathematics. It's very helpful.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    It was only a matter of time before arci's ridiculous Internet searches to make believe he impresses and lies caught up with him.
    As we can see Alan really have no interest in moderating this forum. Here we have Singer claiming I have lied and yet absolutely everything I said was verified by the people at wizards forum. Of course, this means Singer is lying right here.

So Mr. Math....Mr. FACTS....got so rattled by his meandering posts that he ended up claiming quads are more "due" the more hands you play
    The fact is quads are more likely the more hands you play. That is what I said, I didn't say they were "more due". So, here we have Singer lying about what I said and Alan making no effort to moderate his lies about me.

Yes he has a ton to deal with these days, but it sure was SWEET watching him come apart at the seams yet again!

Another champagne toast anyone?1
    Now, what could could he be referencing here? Oh, my family life that Alan stated would not be acceptable in the future.

So much for Alan's claims of wanting this forum to be less hostile. He won't do squat and anyone who believed he really was doing to moderate the lies and hatred from Singer is now seeing the truth.

Please go ahead and point out the correct mathematics. It's very helpful.
    Well, Alan it only took about 2 weeks for you to accept what I told you about "correct mathematics". And then, you wouldn't believe me until you checked it out at Wizard's site and got the same answer. Really, I have no idea why I choose to provide you with factual information, because you deny it all the time.

redietz if indeed Rob has some information that can help people, you betcha I'm going to point it out. I think he's got it right when he talks about win goals and loss limits.
    Here's a perfect example of what I just said. The mathematics is clear. Win goals and loss limits do nothing to change your results. You have denied this fact continually. You really aren't interesting in the verifiable facts.

The key question, Alan, is whether you can recognize what will help people. Has it occurred to you, that in this field of expertise, maybe you can't? What credentials do you have for evaluating video poker systems?

And that gets us to the old debate about journalistic responsibility. "Do no harm" would seem to be applicable here. Somewhere, somehow, using Singeresque methodology (without the royal every 3500 hands), somebody's going to run into a disaster that they otherwise would not have had. Now I'm not saying Alan's responsible. I'm saying he should tuck away a few bucks for Kevlar -- because there's a good chance he's going to be perceived as part of the problem.

Arc is right. Rob, stop it. Final warning.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    The key question, Alan, is whether you can recognize what will help people. Has it occurred to you, that in this field of expertise, maybe you can't? What credentials do you have for evaluating video poker systems?
    I have no credentials for evaluating video poker systems. I present. You can judge.

I have no credentials for evaluating video poker systems. I present. You can judge.
    Sorry Alan, most people are not capable of judging. Since your site is called "Alan's Best Buys" the assumption inherent in your site's existence is the things you report on are actually the "best". IOW, you are claiming that you have the "credentials" to present items that are the "best". So, it seems you either need to change the name of your site or you need to present items that really are "best". Nothing in Singer's approach qualifies it as "best". NOTHING!

Arc, don't go there. You're being ridiculous. The forum has nothing to do with the TV show. It's presented for open discussion. In this case, discussion is a best buy.

Your denial is noted, Alan. All I can tell you is if I were called as an expert witness I would assume a forum with "Alanbestbuys" in the title was declaring some kind of expertise in the products promoted. You can do whatever you want.

Originally Posted by arcimede$ View Post
    Your denial is noted, Alan. All I can tell you is if I were called as an expert witness I would assume a forum with "Alanbestbuys" in the title was declaring some kind of expertise in the products promoted. You can do whatever you want.
    I guess I could be an expert witness for TV advertising or Infomercial production in fact once I was called to testify in a trial involving a dispute between an ad agency and its client.

Thread Information