Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Under The Dome on CBS

Season 3 premiere: what did I just watch?

You watched your life force taking hold and your personal life being sucked away.

Seriously - so the dome is some giant egg so the alien can reproduce? Suddenly the show has become "V"?

And this new therapist (AKA Egg force host) and archaeologist can find a hotel room but everyone else is living in tents and bunking up together? I hate simple plot holes like that.

Bring back to pink stars. They were more interesting.

What's even worse... watching the show for free on the CBS website is over with. That ends my time with the show. Adios.

Why not just record it on your DVR? Or do you not have that?
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Originally Posted by jbatdorf View Post
    You watched your life force taking hold and your personal life being sucked away.

Seriously - so the dome is some giant egg so the alien can reproduce? Suddenly the show has become "V"?

And this new therapist (AKA Egg force host) and archaeologist can find a hotel room but everyone else is living in tents and bunking up together? I hate simple plot holes like that.

Bring back to pink stars. They were more interesting.
    Yeah, the show seems to be some cross between V and The Matrix now (with the latter being frequently mentioned).

I agree that the pink stars stuff was way more interesting. I think the writers intended the aliens to be benevolent and protecting Chester's Mill from a disaster, allowing humanity to start over, or something like that. Remember Lyle talking about the 100 foot flames?

Now it looks like they've just gone in the direction of man versus alien invaders, which has been done hundreds of times (thousands, maybe?) since television began. Weak.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Well I said bring back the pink stars and they came back. And with a vengeance! What happened to Julia crowned as the monarch? Why did Jim buy all that propane during the first few episodes?

If I recall the propane was originally bought and stashed for some drug manufacturing.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    If I recall the propane was originally bought and stashed for some drug manufacturing.
    first year was ok. Last year mediocre. This year is horrible. But I feel like I'm invested and need an ending. I just hope we do get an ending and not just a cancellation.

And what about the 4 hands on the egg and all of that stuff?? They have strayed too far.

So I'm still watching - waiting for the new 'queen' to be born. Seems like Christine is losing her hold on some people, like Jr. who just wants a girl.

Anyway, did we just drop the whole Julia was crowned Monarch by the butterflies back in Season 1? So many holes. *sigh*

This year is better than last year, actually. Last year was pretty bad. This year goes back and forth between decent and bad.

Everyone was disappointed they abandoned the "end of the world" so quickly after pretending like it was happening for one episode.

And yes, this show has introduced a ton of characters who seemed relevant and then were just discarded in silly ways (remember Phil the DJ who inexplicably became a psycho?)

The writers here really seem to have no plan for the long term as they write.

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The writers here really seem to have no plan for the long term as they write.
    Nor should they. Ratings are bad--I just want an ending!!!!!

The end is coming.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/unde...-3-1201582208/

Last episode EVER is September 10th. They are not renewing the 4th season, which is just as well.

I think they were probably hoping they could continue the series outside the dome where there's some battle between humans and aliens, but it's just better they resolve the whole thing this season and be done.

Honestly it would be dissatisfying to have three seasons of this, just to have the aliens get out of the dome and continue the battle with human beings on earth.

They honestly could have compressed this whole thing into one season by cutting out a lot of the pointless crap and dead storylines. Like most of the stuff brought up in season 1 -- Pauline's visions, the 4 hands, Phil the DJ, the dome rewarding/punishing people, etc, went absolutely nowhere.

This could have been a pretty good series if the good parts were kept and the crap was thrown out.

This season has been better, but it also had too many ripoffs of others shows/movies.

The cocoon thing was a direct ripoff of the Matrix.

The human/alien child was a direct ripoff of "V" from the 1980s.

The "aliens left their home world because it was falling apart / being attacked" concept has been done countless times.

still no guaranty we'll get an ending.

Falling Skies just ended with a real ending. I gave up on Lost years before it ended and it was actually not an ending.

Just hope they wrote an actual ending before it got cancelled.

How about that non-ending ending???

The ending was what I thought it would be.

Basically, the end of one story, but the beginning of another one which will never be told due to the cancellation.

I wish they had simply filmed an alternate ending in the case of cancellation, which wouldn't have been difficult. Change the last 15 minutes of the show, and you could have had closure.

To be honest, it was very hard to wrap this up in an hour. Too many loose ends, too many unfinished story arcs, too many different directions during the show's 3-season run.

The whole "new queen" thing was lame. They shouldn't have entered that storyline, and instead left Christine as the major villain. Introducing a new villain leader in the final episode was pointless, even if they intended it to go on for another season.

Thread Information