Alan (and anyone else),

I am a Seven Stars member, like you.

I get a free Norwegian cruise for two with a balcony stateroom. It's not completely free, as I have to pay for airfare and any port taxes plus tips. But I'd still like to do it.

However, being 20 years younger than you, I have young children that I'd like to take along. You probably don't have this issue, unless your wife is much younger than you are.

I have an additional Norwegian "free cruise" certificate, but when I called about it, Norwegian was VERY strict that it had to be in my name and non-transferable. That is, I can't use it for two kids. In fact, I can't even use it for one kid, since the other person would have to be me, and I can't be booked twice on the same cruise.

Kind of annoys me that I can't use my "two cruises for two" certificates the way I want to. To use both, I would have to take two separate cruises and either leave the kids behind or pay for them.

Do you have any experience with this? Do you know if it's possible at all to use the second certificate for two other people, or is this a hard-line "NO" which is impossible to get around?