Thread: Rincon removes a daily promotion

Starting July 1, Harrah's Rincon in San Diego will no longer have its daily "Play & Chews" promotion. With the daily "P&C" offer players who scored 50 tier points were entitled to a free buffet voucher or $20 of food credit at a restaurant on the property or $20 of free play. That daily promotion ends on June 30.

Instead, Rincon is having an offer that is good only on Tuesdays and Thursdays and offers a combination of free play, food credit, or reward credits.

In my case, the new promotion is better because I'll get $240 on both Tuesdays and Thursdays just for swiping my Total Rewards card -- and this certainly beats a buffet voucher, food voucher for $20 or $20 of free play. But for lower level players who aren't at Rincon on Tuesdays and Thursdays or who don't have the "play" for a $240 bonus on Tuesdays and Thursdays I think this change is going to hurt.

Alan, I also noticed that they cancelled the `play and chews' promotion. But in addition to the Tuesday and Thursday offers, I see that they sent me
    5 $60.00 food vouchers. So between the 2 new offers, I think this is a better deal, at least for me. Also Alan, aren't you Seven Stars? 2 free buffets
    everyday.
    Last edited by fly2rei; 06-28-2013 at 02:12 PM.

Actually, I come out way ahead with the new deal. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I now can get $240 of free play -- or $240 of comps or $240 of food. Plus I have five $100 food vouchers -- one for each week. But that's for me.

What about other players who play on a Saturday and can no longer get a free play option then?

And while I have the new $100 food comps, if I go on a Sunday night I can't use the $240 free play option.

By the way, I rarely eat at Rincon. I remember a couple of years ago they sent me a $600 food coupon. I walked into the Cafe and there were six Marines with their dates in the Cafe having a late night dinner/breakfast after one of their Balls and I handed my $600 coupon to the manager and said "take care of their check with this." And that's what happened.

Another time I had a $300 coupon and after I had my late night dinner which totaled about $35 I said to the manager -- "see those three tables? Cover their checks with this." LOL

Alan, I assume these things are only available to those who are considered Rincon "locals", right?

I don't get any of these offers.

However, I get food vouchers ($75 per half month) for Vegas Caesars properties, as well as about $100 per week in free play at Rio. These are both "Vegas locals" benefits.

I am surprised that they let you use your $300 coupon to cover 3 different tables. I had understood that those vouchers had to be used all at once, and only one per check. I guess it could be done if the three tables were treated as one party.

I once heard the guy next door (at Caesars) complaining about how all of his devices were separate internet charges, after he already paid the resort fee. I knocked on his door and told him I would give him my free internet, and strangely enough, he said thanks but no thanks! Guy must have hated money!
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I am surprised that they let you use your $300 coupon to cover 3 different tables. I had understood that those vouchers had to be used all at once, and only one per check. I guess it could be done if the three tables were treated as one party.
    Well, it was at Rincon and they let me do it. I don't know what the rules were then. I just looked at my new coupons for July ($100 each, one per week) and it says that the coupon must be presented at time of order which probably means they wouldn't let me pull that trick now. But you can always try.

With the Marines -- they were all at one table -- and they were Marines. :-)

Thread Information