Thread: $1 Fast Food any size drinks

Jack In The Box and McDonalds are both back with their $1 summer drink promotions. At McDonalds any drink is $1 so why not order the largest size?

At Jack In The Box the largest size is $1.

But I just went through a Jack drive-in where I was told they ran out of large cups, so I had to get a medium. When I looked at the electronic order screen it showed I was being charged the regular price for a medium which was well above $1 for the large.

"What about the $1 special?" I asked.

"OK" the order taker responded, and the price was reduced to $1.

Still... only got a medium drink.

This is the first Jack In The Box that has told me they ran out of "large cups" but I wonder if others might as well?

KFC seems to have been doing it for the last few months as well. I add a 1 dollar drink and a 1 dollar boneless piece to my orders. The best day to go is Monday because you can get the Monday special for 2.99 and get these add-ons for a nice 5 dollar meal.

Now that it's mid September, I expect these seasonal deals to end soon. I honestly hope they don't. The usual price of soft drinks is such a rip off at restaurants.

As of last Friday, Mcdonalds still gave me a huge cup for 1 dollar. Didn't even have to ask. I hope they keep it. I actually like getting a fill of their Coke and then maybe some Sweet Tea or something else to carry out.

I went through a drive-thru at McDonalds yesterday, November 15, and they still had any size drink for $1.

I guess in my area at least, the 1 dollar drink for Jack in the Box is over. My friend has been asking for it and he gets the kids cup unless he runs into the manager. On the bright side, he works across the street from one where he gets free tacos everyday if he does the receipt survey.

Just wanted to add something to this. I was craving some food at 6am so I went over to Carl's Jr. to get some breakfast. I was the first person in and then about 5 mins later I see a couple come in. The man stays near the counter but the female darts to the back of the dining room with a cup she had carried in from the outside. Naturally I figure she is trying to game the system by not having to pay for another cup. To my surprise, she goes up to the register with the cup and asks for a refill. I'm standing right there so I ask if you can really get refills on any size cup. The lady and cashier say yes it is 1 dollar.

So add Carl's Jr. to the place where you can get 1 dollar sodas. Also seems that senior discounts stack on it as well because that is what the lady was using. so maybe 80-90 cent refills.

Thread Information