Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Of 25-Cent Sock Puppets and Men

I'd be very happy to point to you where to find all of my previous articles that were published, in Barron's, New York Magazine, New Jersey Magazine, Central New York New Times, Columbia Journalism Review, Washington Journalism Review, and many more. I am proud of all of them.

I don't understand your hesitancy? That doesn't make me clueless. It does make me wonder why someone who has been so critical of others would not show us why they are able to pass judgment on others?

But I don't want this disruptive discourse to continue. For a couple of days after another disruptive poster was banned this forum actually had some worthwhile content posted. Now we are back into the same old ditch.

Originally Posted by regnis View Post
    Arci--talk about foolish. I am nobody. If you google me it will come up empty. So my name is meaningless. What about that do you not understand. Or do you want my name and address to send me a xmas card. That's ok---keep it and just wish me happy holiday on this forum.

Red on the other hand proclaims himself to be somebody. And as Singer said above, nothing in moderate research brings him up. Not gonna go much further. And Red--10 minutes of research is ample time if any reference were going to come up. It didn't. Maybe you are too old--before records go back far enough on the internet. Like when I tried to research Sailor Art Thomas for a little wrestling thing here.
    It's really quite simple, if you don't want to identify yourself then quit making demands of others. Otherwise, man up.

I don't think anyone has to publicly identify himself if he is only giving his opinion. does not criticize others, and doesn't come off acting like an expert. If you are going to criticize others and claim to be an expert -- professional, consultant, semi-professional or whatever -- then yes, I think we'd all like to know who you are.

But if you want to tell us how you play video poker, or how you bet, or what strategies you use in poker, then no ID or credits or graduate degrees are necessary.

Apparently this guy has something to do with hurricane lanterns.

I'm very proud of everything of mine that's ever been published. So it's me who's clueless as to why not, redietz.

Originally Posted by quahaug View Post
    Apparently this guy has something to do with hurricane lanterns.
    Qua--that was a business he started in 1840 (see red--a few minutes of research on the internet goes a long way). So while I suggested he was getting old, he's probably not that old.

Qua--that was a business he started in 1840 (see red--a few minutes of research on the internet goes a long way). So while I suggested he was getting old, he's probably not that old.
    He can't be that old. It must have been started by a relative of old.

With age comes wisdom. Anyone around to start a business in 1840 must be a very wise man today, indeed.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    With age comes wisdom. Anyone around to start a business in 1840 must be a very wise man today, indeed.
    Or maybe they are a vampire!!

I see that Rob and Alan have provided-Free of Charge-advice to help their fellow men (and women) without malice. About 7 years ago, I had a chance to help a lady with a metal detector(my hobby) and could have easily downtalked her into selling it to me, but I patiently helped her learn it and mentally consoled myself by reminding myself she needed to enjoy it. About 7 years later, my elderly next door neighbor leaves this on my porch this a.m. Appears her late husband wanted it to go to a good home. A DUPLICATE of the detector the lady had. Shouldn't we all learn from this?

you might want to use that on some of our respective heads around here.

you might want to use that on some of our respective heads around here.
    OK. I like a good laugh

Thread Information