Take a look at the video below... shot by an everyday guy who happened to be shooting video of planes landing in San Francisco. It is incredible video of the crash of the Asiana Flight 214.

This is the new Journalism. And it's good. Technology is now in the hands of consumers and the eyes of world are now literally in the hands of consumers around the globe.

I've told this story before about how, when I started working at CBS News in 1976 I was an Associate Producer in the Syndicated News department. It's now known as Newsfeed Services, or something like that. Our job was to provide foreign broadcasters and domestic affiliates with CBS News film and tape for their own news programs.

Bob Little who was once Foreign Editor at CBS News was Director of the department and after a trip to visit our clients in Japan at TBS (Tokyo Broadcasting System) he told me that the Japanese were working with TV cameras no bigger than the size of a pack of cigarettes. Remember, that was in the mid-1970s.

Today, if you have a smart phone in your pocket, you also have a TV camera no larger than a size than a pack of cigarettes and you also have a way to link your TV video to the world.

It is a great power. Let's use it wisely.