Thread: New developments at Las Vegas Railway Express, the X Train

A new press release went out today and the XTRN people (that's the ticker symbol for their stock, XTRN) have announced that they plan to offer "Vegas Class passenger cars" on existing passenger trains around the country.

Presumably these are trains not traveling to Vegas but between other destinations in the USA because there is not train service to Vegas now.

So what we have now is a company that cannot get its service started between Southern California and Las Vegas, still hasn't obtained or refurbished any rail cars for its own service between SoCal and Vegas, still has no deal or construction dates for a Vegas train station either in downtown or at a totally new site in North Las Vegas, but is now going to offer special train cars with special passenger services such as meal service on other trains around the country.

So, what happened to the Southern California to Las Vegas train plan? Well the new press release also indicates that service will start in late 2014 which is still one more delay.

So far we have a company here that makes a lot of announcements, and plans for a lot of things including a new train station in North Las Vegas that can handle nine different arriving/departing trains at one time, and plans to offer its style of service on other passenger trains across the country, with a stock price that today closed at 6-cents which is its all time low.

What is going on here?

Here's the press release:

The Las Vegas Railway Express, Inc. (OTCQB: XTRN), known as the Vegas X Train, with planned luxury train travel service between Los Angeles and Las Vegas, announced today it has introduced its VEGAS CLASS SERVICE, which it plans to introduce on existing passenger trains beginning this fall of 2013.

We are planning that each VEGAS CLASS car will seat 70 passengers in large, 30-inch wide leather seats that are spaced 24 inches apart in order to provide passengers maximum legroom. Each car is its own private lounge car complete with downstairs Ultra Lounge exclusively for our passengers. A full kitchen with hot prepared meal service will be available at your table by your own car server. The VEGAS CLASS accommodations feature a full-length dome car so everybody has a window seat.

Michael Barron, President/CEO of the X Train, said, "We are planning to deploy the same high quality of service on our proposed National Routes as we are planning for our X Train LA to Vegas service planned for late 2014. We noted some news reports that we had been turned down for funding by the government, but that wasn't us, they were referring to the Xpress West, which is the proposed high speed rail service from Victorville to Las Vegas," Barron said. "We are right on track with our planned route between LA to Vegas and now we are going to export that same motif and first class service to existing passenger trains. This will make train travel much more enjoyable again."

Bronze
    So far, I have been unable to determine if they IVRE have approval to run over Union Pacific tracks and where all this rolling stock is coming from especially the new domed cars. I have been anxiously awaiting this service since the Desert Wind quit running because I believe rail is good for LV and LA and will help not only alleviate traffic but would generate more visitors for LV. Just last weekend several of us were thinking of making the trip out to LV as a group but decided against it not wanting to deal with the traffic and last minute plane fare. So far I haven't seen how this is going to work.

I have not seen any announcement that they have even ONE rail car yet.

When I drive to Vegas, I drive in the "off-off hours" usually leaving LA after 9-PM. When it's time to come home, I leave LV before 6-AM. I am that ship that passes in the night.

Thank you for joining us, Rich285 and I look forward to more of your posts and contributions.

Yesterday, the XTRN stock hit a new low of 5-cents a share but closed at 6-cents, unchanged on the day.

Yesterday, on Facebook, the company confirmed that it plans a route that will start in Fullerton -- not in downtown Los Angeles -- but it might add a leg to Union Station in Los Angeles. The company has been criticized for starting its route to Vegas from Orange County (Fullerton) and not from LA. However, Fullerton is a great location for Orange County and other residents in that region who might be more inclined to take a train instead of drive.

Thread Information