Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
Arc, I didnt send it to you because I was waiting to get Rob's forms in the mail. If the forms aren't coming, there is no sense putting you or me through the time and trouble, and in your case the expense of requesting old tax forms.

Frankly, and I am being objective and honest here, I don't want to see anyone's tax returns. And I think issues can be discussed without making them personal and personal to the point where you have to present your own tax returns to justify an opinion.

Rob, I hope you can cancel the request and get your money back. I never wanted to see your tax returns in the first place. Arc, I don't want to see your returns either.

However, I will say this again: what would be interesting and of value is to see some opinion from the IRS about Rob's deductions including his grocery deductions. Now, that would have some value!
I can show you an audit report as I said earlier, but there's no mention of the few grocery deductions I took other than allowing them. In fact, all of my deductions (expenses) were allowed because I had 100% receipts. My audits all focused on filing as a pro gambler from Az. and the high amounts of W2G's I had vs. a comparatively low income amount. They had trouble comprehending that.