Thread: Such A Bright AP.

I just read Dancer's saga about being ripped off by some hustler in AC that's smarter than him. Seems "Bob the AP" got an e-mail about some supposedly "juicy" +EV play there from this guy whom he did not know, so he rushed out there with $40k and made it some sort of a partnership play. The details aren't totally clear to the reader, but it looks like the guy stole about $2000 from him and the cash back or whatever, totalling $6000-$8000 had to be forfeited. Dancer claimed to have won $5000, but then he said he lost somewhere else that the con man dragged him into playing, and of course he gave no details on that. I never believe all of what he says anyway, and no one else should. Now he's moaning and groaning and jumping up and down like a screaming, spoiled little child over the whole thing. I have to wonder why.

Quick question: What kind of MORON acts on an e-mail he receives from a stranger 2500 miles away? And this guy's mugshots and con-man/hustler crimes are all over the Internet! WTF kind of responsible person is Dancer anyway! No wonder he couldn't make it with Shirley....his gambling problem HAS to come before every one and every thing else.

I was with you until you brought up your allegations about a gambling problem and his divorce and then I had to ask why you had to bring the rest of it up? Can't you leave the facts to speak for themselves. Instead you throw in your own bias and destroy your own argument. You really are your own worst enemy, Rob.

He's a public figure, and whenever he exhibits traits that continue to support the path I've seen him on for many years, I'll bring them up. Gambling problems create other social problems. His total disregard for his wife's illness in favor of having to continue his vp playing which led to his divorce, points to an uncontrollable gambling problem as the event's catalyst. Now, he shows how pathologically controlled by the game he really is, as he had no problem in letting down his guard just because his hands started sweating profusely over some silly promotion.

My goal has never been to be liked by anyone involved in the gambling industry or on Internet forums. I have plenty of love within my family, and the respect of other friends with whom gambling is never brought up when we're together. What I am driven by is the undeniable truths primarily about video poker play. Those who seek the truth will understand. Those who do not will continue to divert & deflect.
    Last edited by Rob.Singer; 08-06-2013 at 05:35 PM.

Youre no authority. Stick to what you know.

That is what I know, like it or not. And you're only saying such things because some of his behavior mirrors yours.

I was ready for that Rob. Why don't you call me an addict? You seem to like to do that.

It doesn't matter what I say. It only matters what you admit to yourself. Similarly, my depiction of Dancer would mean nothing to him, because he too has an enormous justification system.

For exact reasons I cannot articulate at this late hour of the evening, this thread left me bursting with laughter. You guys are a funny read!

Being an addict himself, Singer just has to believe anyone who plays quite a bit is also an addict. He's called me an addict for years and then somehow when they took out my positive machines I quit playing. Singer continues to play into his mythical retirement. It is probably why he had to live in that small apartment and couldn't hold down a job.

I just went over to LVA and read the articles. It's a two parter and part 1 is in Bob Dancer's archives. Interesting story. And to be honest, Dancer really didn't get fooled until the end when he was leaving Atlantic City and he was no longer in control of the situation. Sure, he might have checked out this character first, but up until the point he left control of the money in the other guy's hands Dancer really wasn't at risk.

i found the article to be more informative than an indictment of Dancer's missteps. Once again, Rob Singer's bias gets in the way of true review.

I read the article. And thought to my self `Bob' got away lucky. Considering what
    could of happened. Going back to this guy's room to count and split up the cash.

In my opinion, Dancer was at risk the entire time. He was fortunate.

Thread Information