Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So let's talk about the new VP $25 per tier credit requirement at CET properties

Mastro's is a magnificent steak house -- make no mistake about that. And it's pricey just like a magnificent steak house can be. Fiore also has some great steaks -- not all. I would avoid their rib eye, because it's not as good as I hoped for. But try the steak Diane with lobster tail... perfect! And dining at Fiore doesn't cost me much or anything.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    When I go there it is with a fixed entertainment budget -- I play it and if I win I take the money home. And if I lose, I leave. No reason to stay any longer, because I had my fun.

This is why I hate going to Vegas... you end up staying there for at least one night, maybe two. And I hate to be stuck there after losing my budgeted amount.
    I don't understand, though.

Haven't you ever played to where it got late, and just wanted to sleep instead of making the long drive home?
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Mastro's is a magnificent steak house -- make no mistake about that. And it's pricey just like a magnificent steak house can be. Fiore also has some great steaks -- not all. I would avoid their rib eye, because it's not as good as I hoped for. But try the steak Diane with lobster tail... perfect! And dining at Fiore doesn't cost me much or anything.
    Any place with a mediocre ribeye can't be considered a good steakhouse. That's a very standard item.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I don't understand, though.

Haven't you ever played to where it got late, and just wanted to sleep instead of making the long drive home?
    It's not that long of a drive. Two hours or less without traffic. Even when I go late at night if I leave before 4am I will be home well before 6.

Just got back from Vegas. Stayed at Planet Hollywood. Checked the $5 9/6 JoB in High Limit room. It also had a label on it
    stating it takes $25 to earn 1 RC. At least they still had 9/6 JoB. Alan, make sure you don't leave after 5am, northbound
    traffic on the 15 is really bad after 5am. Not to speak of the 91.
    Jim

Originally Posted by fly2rei View Post
    Just got back from Vegas. Stayed at Planet Hollywood. Checked the $5 9/6 JoB in High Limit room. It also had a label on it
    stating it takes $25 to earn 1 RC. At least they still had 9/6 JoB. Alan, make sure you don't leave after 5am, northbound
    traffic on the 15 is really bad after 5am. Not to speak of the 91.
    Jim
    Huh?

Southern California traffic is typically bad eastbound in the afternoon/evening, and westbound in the morning.

Regarding the 15, it is heavy on Friday going north and Sunday going south.

I don't understand this 5am thing you wrote.

If you leave on a weekday morning traveling east on the 91 and then north on the 15, you will typically experience moderate (but not bad) traffic on the 91, and no traffic on the 15. If you leave at something like 11am, you will breeze through the whole way.

The one place you can get tricked is LEAVING Vegas in the middle of the night. If you leave Vegas at 3am (on a weekday), you will run into the San Bernadino traffic going west around 6-7am, and you will really suffer.

The basic rule of thumb for Vegas driving:

LA-to-Vegas: Leave before 1:30pm on weekdays, any time on weekends

Vegas-to-LA: Monday-Friday, leave any time before 2am. Saturday, leave any time. Sunday, you have to leave BEFORE 10am or AFTER 7:30pm.

I think the best time to drive to Vegas is after 9pm. Tbere is no good time to return to LA.

Dan, I don't know Alan's route home from Rincon but all I'm saying is if it is the northbound 15 to the WESTBOUND 91 (or the 60,or the 10) to the 5 to LA,
    then he had better leave before 5am. I live just off the 210 and the 15 in Rancho Cucamonga. And have driven home from Rincon many times in the
    early morning. The 15 can back up northbound until you get past the 91. Then like you said it is clear sailing all the way to Vegas.
    Jim

I always try to leave Rincon before 4am, and usually 3am is best. The route I take is the 15 north to the 91 west and then the 5 north to the 10 west. I live in West LA.

If you reach the junction of the 15 and the 91 anytime after 4:30am you will have a ten to fifteen minute wait just to get on the 91, and then traffic will be snarled all the way to LA with early commuters.

On my last trip, I left Rincon at 3am and was home at about 5am with no delays and travel at the speed limit non stop.

Was at horseshoe indiana yesterday. Still 10 dollars per point. Of course, we have inferior paying games so they don't feel at risk.

Originally Posted by regnis View Post
    Was at horseshoe indiana yesterday. Still 10 dollars per point. Of course, we have inferior paying games so they don't feel at risk.
    No full pay games like 9/6 jacks, 8/5 bonus?

No full pay games like 9/6 jacks, 8/5 bonus?
    They recently reduced most of the games. There may be a couple still there but I'm not sure. I don't play JOB and I don't like that they made all the quads 150 on most bonus games. They also removed bonus from the ultimate x games and some of the other gimmicky games.

Also removed the aces and faces and all of it's variations. I liked one that was essentially aces and dueces.

Yes, Rincon even made some of the 8/5 bonus games 150 for all quads which is a sneaky way to lower the paytable.

I thought we discussed this and decided that the bonus table with all quads paying 30 was superior to the standard bonus table?? Paging Arci.

When all quads pay 175 then the pay table is superior. But at Rincon its 150 for all quads.

Thread Information