I had to meet a client for coffee and my client chose King's Fish House located in the Commons, a mall in Calabasas which is just off the 101 Freeway. I was told it was a casual place where we could sit in the bar and order coffee. I had no idea it was a great fish house with a very inviting menu and reasonable prices. While we didn't have entres, we did have a couple of appetizers which were very good and a good value. I had a lobster roll (presented like a sushi roll, large and cut into nice slices) and fried calamari. But our meeting lasted more than three hours, and when we left it was dinner time and the while there weren't many diners inside the large restaurant, the outside patio seating areas were packed. This was a Wednesday evening and when a restaurant is packed on a Wednesday evening you know it's good.

Some other things I liked about the place: besides moderate prices, a very clean men's room. There is plenty of free parking, large booths for seating, our waiter was friendly, overall a very clean and well kept restaurant. And there is a live lobster tank.