Thread: No desserts at In 'n Out

This is a combination question and gripe: why no desserts at In 'n Out, the burger place? I know they have milkshakes but I don't want to have a milkshake with a burger, and I don't consider a milkshake to be a dessert.

After a burger I want something sweet like a cookie or a slice of pie.

Now sometimes I use the In 'n Out drive-thru and all I want is burger and a soft drink, but when I get to go in and sit down, I crave a sweet dessert after the burger... and there isn't any.

I know there is a philosophy that a restaurant that does a few things right doesn't need to add extras and In 'n Out certainly does its burgers right, but the lack of something sweet often means an hour later I have to satisfy my craving with a dessert from someplace else.

Yesterday we were on the road and stopped at an In 'n Out for lunch, and craving something sweet after the burgers we did the drive-thru at a nearby Jack In The Box to pick up chocolate overload cake and cheesecake. It was almost the fast food grand tour.

We don't have In 'n Out restaurants in my area, but I have heard great things about the place from friends that lived in California. Did In 'n Out carry desserts before or is this something new where the restaurant decided to eliminate them altogether? I hope one day I can travel over there to check out the place.

The closest thing to "dessert" there is a milkshake and i don't think they ever had desserts. To be honest, it's not my favorite burger. I had a double-double tonight and it was dripping with grease. They always drip with grease.

Thread Information