Thread: The world's biggest loser.

While on this forum we usually discuss ways of winning... and some of us admit to losing... I want to present to you a video of THE WORLD'S BIGGEST LOSER.

My first reaction to this was, in Internet short hand, OMG. And I really mean it: OMG.

Watch:

Last edited by Alan Mendelson; 08-25-2013 at 11:54 AM.

As Arnold Palmer said to OJ Simpson in an old Hertz commercial, "Brutal, Juice, brutal."

As my father, an attorney, said to me when I was just a kid... never ask your witness a question unless you know how they will answer it in advance.

this advice would have applied here.

......was that a NO?

Ken

Probably staged.

Originally Posted by arcimede$ View Post
    Probably staged.
    Interesting that you said that. On the YouTube page several others suggested that. If it was staged it was a brilliant piece of work because it has received more than a million views and views = money. If it wasn't staged then it is just a piece of work that will make money.

Definitely fake.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Well, the video is no longer available on YouTube. It seems that the owner of the video claimed it was a copyright issue. I don't understand? With nearly two million views the "owner" stood to make a lot of money from the advertisements that appear with the video. Unless perhaps the true owner of the video wasn't getting the money and someone else was.

And going back to the authenticity of the event. I don't know if it was staged or not. It certainly was arranged to happen. The question is was the girl an actor or just really overwhelmed. I don't know if the musicians were in on it or not?

But with four billion people in the world, (or is it five billion) and probably twice as many cell phone cameras in the world, anything can happen and everything does get caught on video.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Well, the video is no longer available on YouTube. It seems that the owner of the video claimed it was a copyright issue. I don't understand? With nearly two million views the "owner" stood to make a lot of money from the advertisements that appear with the video. Unless perhaps the true owner of the video wasn't getting the money and someone else was.

And going back to the authenticity of the event. I don't know if it was staged or not. It certainly was arranged to happen. The question is was the girl an actor or just really overwhelmed. I don't know if the musicians were in on it or not?

But with four billion people in the world, (or is it five billion) and probably twice as many cell phone cameras in the world, anything can happen and everything does get caught on video.
    That's what they want you to think, and that's why videos like this get so many views.

But let's say you knew with 100% certainty that this was fake. Would it be interesting? Maybe a little, but not very much. These videos are "fun" to watch because you get to be a voyeur into outrageous real-life situations. Once you know the whole thing is staged, it becomes boring, because you know the guy didn't really get rejected, and the hit-on-the-head with the instrument was planned beforehand.

I enjoy watching dramas on TV that I know are fictional, but they are professionally produced with carefully written storylines, professional actors, and often exciting stunts. I go into these knowing that they are fiction, but I can get into them because the quality is in the acting, writing, production, and stunts, and I am never led to believe I am watching something real.

I hate fake reality "shock" videos, because there is no more shock if the whole thing was staged. There is no more voyeur effect. It's just a couple of young jerks taking advantage of gullible people on the internet.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Also there are 7 billion people in the world now.

Seven billion? I think I need to advertise some more.

Yes if I knew this was staged it would not be as interesting.

Can those of us who missed the video get a recap of what happened to the world's biggest loser?

Originally Posted by bigfoot66 View Post
    Can those of us who missed the video get a recap of what happened to the world's biggest loser?
    It was a staged rejection of a guy asking a girl to marry him in a mall, and the girl inexplicably smacking him in the head with one of the mall band's instruments.

Since it was staged and fake, it wasn't worth watching, so you didn't miss much.

I'm not so sure it was staged, but it might have been. A recap:

In a crowded shopping mall a three piece string instrument band is waiting in a large pedestrian walkway between stores. A young man and a girl walk towards the band and the young man picks up a hand held microphone and proceeds to announce to all that he is sorry to interrupt their shopping but he has an announcement to make. He then starts to praise his girlfriend, announces to all that this is the exact spot where they met three months ago and he fell in love and as he drops to one knee she reaches down, mutters something like "no no" to stop what would be a proposal, but as he continues she reaches for a ukelele and smacks him on the side of the head. He falls to the floor and she stomps away with the band members standing there in stunned silence -- along with all of the onlookers in the multi level shopping mall.

The video appears to have been caught using a cell phone camera, with the person taking the video saying something like "he didn't expect that."

It might have been staged... but it might have been legit.

Thread Information