Thread: things that do NOT end up in a landfill

Since everyone is concerned about how we are a disposable society and how things end up in landfills, I thought it would be interesting to talk about things that do not end up in landfills. I will start:

A Rolex will not end up in a landfill unless the mob puts it there with the owner still attached.

Most human urine and feces do not end up in the landfills, which is where those wastes truly belong. Think about it, the common flush toilet is flawed where it could plug up and overflow if you put too much toilet paper in it at once, not to mention the far worse damage it does if you are on a septic system, and to put too much paper down there. My grandfather always warned and went on and on about "Don't pit too mych toilet paper down the septic", when we had a cottage on a septic. Also, if toilets would have never been hooked up to the waste water lines in the first place, I doubt we would have had to worry much about sewer water back-ups in our basements. And even though the treat the waste in the water, I STILL find it disgusting that we eventually redrink that crap.

Thread Information