Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Documenting History

Originally Posted by quahaug View Post
    Rob, you can't say you accepted the "IRS challenge" and then back out. Either show the forms or not. But don't act like saying you're going to do something is the same as doing it. Talk is cheap.
    That logic escapes me. I accepted it by sending in the form with the fee and gave Alan's address as the 3rd party. I then told arci to stop stalling and get it done too, and I clearly stated he had 2 weeks to do so or I would take action. And while he was obviously sweating up a storm during those 2 weeks of silence, I did what I said I would do. So since arci stalled and dithered, he submitted nothing. At the end of the day, talk indeed may be cheap, but silence & cowering has zero value.

While analyzing this is simple, I'll let the GT readers decide for themselves.

Originally Posted by regnis View Post
    While I used to read the GT and enjoyed Rob's column, all that this will accomplish is to recycle the same debate that was slowly fading here. Arci will still say the math says no--Rob will say screw the math here are the results--and off we go. Everyone will call everyone else a liar, and the insults will fly. Do we really want to start over with all the same arguments?
    Not much to disagree with there, except by exposing all of arci's known aliases and continuing cowardice when it comes to me, the geeks of the gambling world will take another big hit--if only for old tymes sake

Alan, I would expect you'll get nothing from the IRS since I'm not responding to their request, but I bet they return the money (unless they think I'm a conservative ).

Rob are you going to say in your article that no one got your tax returns? And there is still no one who can independently verify your reported taxable wins (with or without offsetting business expenses)??

In other words, Rob, I think bringing up this "challenge" is a cheap shot and saying that others backed out is also a cheap shot because no one -- including you -- actually took part in the challenge.

You can't have a test of tax records without an actual test. It's all a lot of hot air.

You can't claim Arc backed out because he didn't. I didn't send him the NDA and I didn't send it because I had not received your tax returns from the IRS. So don't blame Arc.

Now, as I have said, I am very happy that you are not sending your tax returns to me. I don't really care who won what. Frankly, I expect that you won more than Arc because you played higher denomination machines -- and that's not going to be a surprise to anyone. And tax returns will not prove that VP strategies work or don't work.
    Last edited by Alan Mendelson; 09-04-2013 at 03:15 PM.

One thing Rob's articles will accomplish is to pop the balloons of those selling their vp wares as if it makes any difference to winning and losing. I'm an AP, and I'm firmly in Frank's camp, namely that winning any serious money playing vp in Las Vegas is now a fool's errand. The only reason Dancer and Scott and others can survive is that they have special ratings that return more cash back and comps than 99.9% of normal joes and because they may indeed be getting direct rebates on losses above and beyond their cash back.

Now I can play 25-cent FPDW at the Palms for enjoyment and enough profit for dinner, and I can briefly play NSUD at the Boyd properties on multi-point senior days to eke out a profit and keep my comped nights coming, but actually playing with the intent of making any real money is a high variance, low edge nightmare.

The Dancer column wherein he got relieved of a couple thousand by a compadre demonstrates how tight things are -- Dancer flew cross country to play somewhere he'd never been with a person he hadn't met -- all to make a projected 4-5K. If he's doing great in LV, he probably doesn't make that trip.

That's a good point about Dancer. Fly across country with so many unknowns for not all that much expectation? How bad are things for him in LV?

Alan, once I not only accepted but got my form mailed in from this so-called challenge, in retrospect, there was no way arci was ever gonna send anything anywhere. He used the NDA as just one part of his diversion & stall. He knows he didn't need it if you believe the characterization he gives of himself, and you know it wasn't needed yourself.

Of course I'm going to tell every step of what happened and of course arci backed out. He was nervous from the start, which is why he never brought up why you didn't send that NDA form. Because my post gave him two weeks to act or else, he knew if he waited it out without disturbing your inaction, he'd have a reason to get out of the whole thing. He backed himself into his own corner, and like I said, I'll let the readers decide what kind of a weasel he really is.

This will not be about proving anything about me, but if someone else, like the idiots from LVA, like the tax return possibility and want to challenge me with a bet, I'll certainly be up for it. Come to think of it, I wonder what would happen if I made this challenge in the paper to DANCER!?

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    That logic escapes me. I accepted it by sending in the form with the fee and gave Alan's address as the 3rd party. I then told arci to stop stalling and get it done too, and I clearly stated he had 2 weeks to do so or I would take action. And while he was obviously sweating up a storm during those 2 weeks of silence, I did what I said I would do. So since arci stalled and dithered, he submitted nothing. At the end of the day, talk indeed may be cheap, but silence & cowering has zero value.

While analyzing this is simple, I'll let the GT readers decide for themselves.
    Sorry Rob, this has nothing to do with your ongoing pissing match with Arci. Post a scan of any of your sch-c's as a professional gambler or run off with your tail between your legs. Your choice.

I've been away, but it seems you are the one not paying much attention.

If I were Rob and I had those tax forms, I would try to use those columns to lure Dancer into an earful of cider. One factoid I'd mention in a column might be that the biggest score in Dancer's book wound up on Shirley's income taxes, so technically the book should have been labeled "How Shirley Won Half a Million."

Since Dancer is no longer with Shirley, she might appreciate it.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    One thing Rob's articles will accomplish is to pop the balloons of those selling their vp wares as if it makes any difference to winning and losing.
    Really? When I read the books and practice with the software and go to the lectures, they are not telling me how I am going to "win." They are telling me and showing me proper strategy. No one ever guaranteed a win. I am going to put this comment in the file of "cheap shots."

That probably explains why Dancer's book is titled "Million Strategy Video Poker" -- "How I turned $6,000 into Proper Strategy." And I didn't know the WinPoker video trainer had changed its name to "StratoPoker."

Yeah, that was a real cheap shot.

Let me say it as I see it:

1. You can't say Arc backed out because I never sent him the NDA which I think was a reasonable request on his part.
    2. I find it curious that redietz has joined up with Rob to blast Bob Dancer but then we know that redietz wants to be known as a gaming guru and gaming consultant so I guess blasting the competition is the thing to do.
    3. Rob, if you claim that Arc backed out you have really crossed the line. ONLY if I received your tax returns and Arc failed to send me his tax returns after I sent him the NDA could you claim that Arc backed out. Rob, do not make the mistake of saying Arc backed out. He did not.
    4. And since when does Arc have to present his tax returns to prove that Rob Singer has won what he claims to have won?

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    That probably explains why Dancer's book is titled "Million Strategy Video Poker" -- "How I turned $6,000 into Proper Strategy." And I didn't know the WinPoker video trainer had changed its name to "StratoPoker."

Yeah, that was a real cheap shot.
    I would not consider the book to be his lessons or guide for video poker strategy. I have attended his lectures in Vegas. I have used his software. Reports and books and articles about his own play and experiences should be separated from his lessons about proper strategy.

So redietz, do you follow proper strategy? If not, what part of the strategy that Bob Dancer teaches do you disagree with? What seminars of his have you attended? What software of his have you used?

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Let me say it as I see it:

1. You can't say Arc backed out because I never sent him the NDA which I think was a reasonable request on his part.
    2. I find it curious that redietz has joined up with Rob to blast Bob Dancer but then we know that redietz wants to be known as a gaming guru and gaming consultant so I guess blasting the competition is the thing to do.
    3. Rob, if you claim that Arc backed out you have really crossed the line. ONLY if I received your tax returns and Arc failed to send me his tax returns after I sent him the NDA could you claim that Arc backed out. Rob, do not make the mistake of saying Arc backed out. He did not.
    4. And since when does Arc have to present his tax returns to prove that Rob Singer has won what he claims to have won?
    Totally agree!! You see Alan, there's hope for us after all

I don't entirely get the intention of the upcoming GT columns. Is it to bring attention to SPS, it's succes rate and all the details involved in playing it well? Or Rob, are you going to use it as a platform to publicly blast everybody you've had a beef with in the past? If it's option one I would actually be interested in reading it, if it's option two I wouldn't even bother.

Originally Posted by Vegas_lover View Post
    Totally agree!! You see Alan, there's hope for us after all

I don't entirely get the intention of the upcoming GT columns. Is it to bring attention to SPS, it's succes rate and all the details involved in playing it well? Or Rob, are you going to use it as a platform to publicly blast everybody you've had a beef with in the past? If it's option one I would actually be interested in reading it, if it's option two I wouldn't even bother.
    I wonder if GT would really publish an article of "attacks" by Rob Singer? I think Rob might throw in a few zingers but an article with outright attacks? Nah. Never happen.

I think an article titled "What ever happened to Rob Singer?" with a report from Rob about his play, his record, his observations would be very useful and beneficial, including a report about his system and methods. (by the way, where is mr jjj ... the "method man" ??)

I wonder if GT would really publish an article of "attacks" by Rob Singer? I think Rob might throw in a few zingers but an article with outright attacks? Nah. Never happen.

I think an article titled "What ever happened to Rob Singer?" with a report from Rob about his play, his record, his observations would be very useful and beneficial, including a report about his system and methods. (by the way, where is mr jjj ... the "method man" ??)
    I would like to know how Rob gets all those $20,000 royals with very limited play during his retirement years.

(by the way, where is mr jjj ... the "method man" ??)
    I guess he might realize that 3 strikes means you're out. To be honest, I don't miss him.

Sorry, Mr. Mendelson, you'll have to point out that post where I said I wanted to be a "gaming guru," whatever that is. I love how you paraphrase me inaccurately. Dancer and I are hardly competitors.

You know, Mr. Mendelson, before predicting what GT would or would not publish, you might want to have read some of Rob's old articles wherein he blasted people in GT almost every week and in terms equal to or worse than anything here. Rob was pretty friggin' nasty, and those articles were often Page One.

Why, Mr. Mendelson, do you persist in rendering opinions on things about which you know almost nothing? What is your rationale for saying "Nah. Never happen?" Rob's previous GT articles were filled with outright attacks. Did you actually read any of them?

You're right redietz, I don't know anything about you, including your real name, what makes you a gambling authority, if you really have gaming clients, etc. I am sorry for making such statements. Heck, I don't even know if you really play 25-cent video poker as you claim you do.

Eddie, I'm having phenomenal luck for some reason these days....even more so than when I played as a pro with a large bankroll for 11 years. Of course, much of it has to do with my following win & loss goals, using my special plays that deviate from optimal strategy which more often than not do give me more hands to play with in any individual session, and by sometimes using my RTT and/or ARTT strategies.

Alan, many of my articles depicted my disdain for the constant flow of lies thrown around in the media by the current crop of vp "gurus" --many of whom had ties to LVA. And it was fun. I had the biggest megaphone, and I had my respected book publisher supporting me at the same time. That said, I have no intention of naming anyone other than anonymous arci this time around, but my attacks on the AP approach will be as strong--and loved by my readers--as ever. There may also be casual mention of spousal abuse brought on by advantage play addiction, but that will depend on my mood at the time.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    I have no intention of naming anyone other than anonymous arci this time around, but my attacks on the AP approach will be as strong--
    There is nothing wrong with attacking the "AP approach" and of course you wouldn't name anyone in particular, nor would the publisher of GT allow you to. I hope redietz takes note of this.

But again, I caution you not claim that Arc backed out of the challenge. He did not.

Thread Information