Thread: My thoughts for the Jewish New Year

The Jewish New Year is approaching. This is a time when we pray for forgiveness from God and we ask for forgiveness from those we hurt in the past year. To forgive someone for hurting you is a good deed. So, I forgive all of the creeps and jerks who hurt me in the past year, and gave me grief, and took advantage of me, and tried to damage my business and reputation, and insulted me, and tried to undermine me and wouldn't take advantage of the wonderful deals I offered them as an honest businessman. Instead of saying "screw you," I will say I forgive you and hope you have a good new year and pray that you don't make the same mistakes again.

And I just want to add: I also forgive those who broke contracts, failed to pay, bounced checks, and tried to get too much for nothing. Yes, I forgive you, too.

There is an expression that we say during the High Holy Days: Next year in Jerusalem to signal our strength and resolve. And while I forgive those who tresspassed me this year and will pray for them in the new year... if this continues next year I won't be saying "Next Year in Jerusalem." No... I will be saying: "Next Week in Small Claims Court, you jerk."

And let's all hope that this very confused and highly inexperienced administration that's already made a huge mess of the USA, does not ever leave our friends in Israel out in the cold, if and when the time comes.

Thread Information