Thread: Having fun flopping quads online

I was playing a free online poker tournament and I flopped quads. I had pocket 8s and two 8s came on the flop along with a jack. I was second to act and the player first to act has been very aggressive and came out betting strong with the board reading 8J8.

I called his bet, and he kept betting and here is what followed in the chat:

Me: *damn I hope you dont have an 8
    Me: *I have good cards
    Dealer: *BigAlM wins Main Pot ($1,400) with Four of a kind, eights

My worst online beat came when, after the turn, I went all in with the nut flush (I had Ace in my hand) and somebody called. The other person had a lower flush. As the final card was about to be turned, I assumed I was about to win. Then it dawned on me -- if the eight of clubs falls, he'll hit the inside draw to a straight flush. Well, it happened....

I have another bad beat story for you. In an Omaha tournament another player had quad aces. I had a royal.

Holy hell -- that would retire me.

Caribbean stud--I drew the royal--it wasn't dealt. Dealer didn't qualify. I won a whole $5.00. Guy sitting next to me couldn't believe I wasn't pissed and screaming and carrying on. Guess he's never seen a gambler's (poker) face. I never show anything win, lose or draw.

Wow, drawing a royal at Caribbean and the dealer didn't qualify... what did you miss out on? $50,000 perhaps?

$20,000. If it had been dealt rather than on the draw it was $50,000 regardless of whether the dealer qualified. I've never played again--figure that was my one big winner and I got nuthin.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Wow, drawing a royal at Caribbean and the dealer didn't qualify... what did you miss out on? $50,000 perhaps?
    I thought you were dealt 5 cards in Caribbean Stud. How do you draw for the Royal?

Online I flopped quad 9s once and lost to runner runner straight flush.

Sorry a2a3--my bad. We had a variation called caribbean draw--you can draw up to 2 cards.

Thread Information