OK, this is not gourmet food. But this is where Shelley and I go for a simple dinner out of what can be described as good, simple, comfort food. Service is excellent and friendly and after you go there a few times they know you and always smile and that is so important. Eats? I love their Denver Omelette and they cook 'em just like I ask -- on the well done or dry side. Yep, even with the scare about eggs I had nothing to worry about because they told me they checked their inventory, and with the eggs cooked solid there was nothing to fear anyway. But it's also an "open kitchen" as many diners are and you can tell the place is kept clean. But it's not new or glamorous either. It's kinda homey and "country." What I also love there are the bacon cheese burgers. Big, delicious meat, nice big thick pieces of bacon crisp and a nice slice of the cheese you want. I've had burgers in famous "burger joints" but Dinah's has the best. Shelley has had their salads and loves the sweet potato fries as a side dish. Big drink glasses for soft drinks and iced tea and they keep refilling without you having to ask. Desserts are big and generous and full of calories. Lots of free parking. The specialty is chicken and beef and pork ribs. I never had the chicken there, but we've had the ribs. Frankly, sometimes the ribs are great and sometimes they're not. And that's because I'm kinda picky with my ribs. You'll see us there a lot on Sundays for the casual, relaxed late afternoon or early evening meal. The checks are small so tip generously (or at least a little extra) for the great friendly service. Dinah's is on Sepulveda Boulevard at 6521 South Sepulveda Blvd. and just off the Jefferson exit of the 405. Lots of free parking.