Thread: Bust me down to the felt to help the Renal Support Network

BUST ME DOWN TO THE FELT TO HELP THE RENAL SUPPORT NETWORK

As you probably know, about five years ago I had a kidney transplant. My kidneys failed after being an insulin dependent diabetic for about 32 years. I also had a pancreas transplant at the same time.

I now support the Renal Support Network which helps others who have kidney disease. And, here's your chance to bust me down to the felt. That's poker lingo for taking all of my chips and knocking me out of a poker tournament that the Renal Support Network is having on Saturday, November 2nd. There are many Hollywood celebrities who will be there. And I mean real celebrities -- not me.

Details about the celebrity poker tournament -- and the public is invited to play -- are here: http://www.rsnhope.org/celebrity-poker-tourney/

Proceeds from the tournament will be used to help the Renal Support Network carry out its mission of helping people who have kidney disease through education, advocacy and support.

To play in the tournament it's $150 and there are rebuys, and for non-players to enjoy the event and the food and entertainment it's $50. There are cash prizes.

Here are the event details:

Glendale YWCA
    735 E. Lexington Dr.
    Glendale, CA 91206

4:30 pm Doors Open
    5:00 pm Dinner
    6:00 pm Tourney Begins!

If you are going to be there, please give me a heads-up by email because I'd like to take a photo of the alanbestbuys.com Forum family.

Wrote a long reply and it never posted. How odd, the first time that has ever happened to me on this forum.

Anyways hope you have a good time at this event Alan and it is a big success for helping out people with Kidney conditions.

If you have time, would love to see a write-up about your adventures.

Hi. If you mean my adventure post kidney/pancreas transplant I've been writing about it here: http://alanbestbuys.com/id92.html

I'm not sure I am going to have any adventure at the poker tournament. I tend not to do well at poker tournaments especially against people who don't know how to play. In other words While I wait for "good hands" the amateurs go crazy with an Ace-3 off suit and get lucky and bust by pocket pair or even AK. So when I play in these charity tournaments I am there to have a good time and help the charity raise money.

Since I've had a cold for the last week or so I just might take my seat and throw away my chips just so that I am not coughing and sneezing at the table. I might even play every hand "blind" for the fun of it. It depends how I feel tomorrow.

I've already said that if I am sitting at the table with one particular beautiful celebrity that I will gladly give her all of my chips!!

A write up might be great in one of the main sections. Would love to hear how this went.

It was a casual poker tournament -- casual since most of the players didn't know how to play, nor did they know the rules of a tournament. For example, we had a player who busted out but sat at the table, and after two hands went by including her blinds she decided to buy back in. Officially that's a no-no. But I said "hey it's a charity tournament. Let her buy in, put her missed blinds in the pot, and we're happy." And that's what we did.

I sat next to Jack Black in the tourney and we both busted out in the same hand. To be honest, my son had already busted out and I didn't feel like playing anymore so I went all in with K2 off suit.

It was fun, we raised money for the charity, and I have no idea who won. LOL

Banned
    The Great White North ................. w/o having to come to ................. Alaska!
    Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    As you probably know, about five years ago I had a kidney transplant. My kidneys failed after being an insulin dependent diabetic for about 32 years. I also had a pancreas transplant at the same time.
    Wow.

I donated my left kidney to a friend back in May, 2011.

I doubt that you'll believe this, so I'm going to try to insert a bit of documentation here.

It was done in Hamilton, Ontario, about 50 minutes from me here in Kitchener.

God bless you.

There is another poker tournament coming up Saturday, Nov 8, 2014. Info: http://www.rsnhope.org/celebrity-poker-tourney/

The 2015 poker tournament will be Nov 15 at the Glendale Civic Auditorium, starting at 5pm. $100 is the early bird price/buy-in. See: http://alanbestbuys.com/id107.html for the video that I am putting on my TV show to promote the event. Please show up to support a great cause and help the kids with kidney disease.

For details from the Renal Support Network please go to: http://www.rsnhope.org/celebrity-bingo-poker/

Thread Information