Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggestion to improve the forum

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    On a philosophical basis, I think ignore buttons are dangerous to a free society. Think about that. Ignore buttons and banning posters is the 1930s equivalent of burning books. I actually regret banning two members of the Forum (one was in the Media forum who made personal attacks --
    You are just as sensitive to personal attacks as anybody else. You've banned me because I was on your case too much and you've had several clashes with Singer as well. You didn't ignore those personal attacks either and responded to it all. Surprise: your human just like the rest of us

When you think somebody is going too far (in the department of personal attacks directed at you) you have the opportunity to ban them. And you use that feature. Other posters don't have that opportunity so they just have to take all the insults a certain forum member is constantly shooting from the hip. Because you choose not to intervine (no argument here just reality). You can at least give your forum members the opportunity to "shut somebody off" when a certain member's only purpose in life appears to be making as many enemies as possible.
    Last edited by Vegas_lover; 10-23-2013 at 12:31 AM.

But an ignore button will not stop a critic from making personal attacks... all the ignore button will do is stop you from seeing them.

But an ignore button will not stop a critic from making personal attacks... all the ignore button will do is stop you from seeing them.
    Good enough for me

At least it will be my choice if I want to see those remarks or not. Nobody can force me into seeing them with an ignore button. At this point a certain member is just investing all his energy in personally attacking almost everybody around here for kicks. I don't get a kick out of that, I just don't want to go through all the BS anymore. Therefor: an ignore button.

Here's how I treat those personal attacks: the guy is only hurting himself. And this is how he will be remembered.

Here's how I treat those personal attacks: the guy is only hurting himself. And this is how he will be remembered.
    Great answer.

Not really. As I said earlier, if I choose to ignore member "A", every time someone else quotes "A", (Originally Posted by "A") I'll see it. The only true and effective "ignore feature" is a banishment.

VL, portraying weakness isn't helping your point. If you don't like what you see, do what people do when IMAX begins to overwhelm their senses: Look Away.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    VL, portraying weakness isn't helping your point. If you don't like what you see, do what people do when IMAX begins to overwhelm their senses: Look Away.
    Yawn.... thank you for your insight.

Thread Information