Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harrah's Rincon Great Gift Wrap Up Bonus in November

Bronze
    Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Lizzy, you were smart to get gift cards. Those are the best value. The electronics are marked up in price.

What VIP entrance are you talking about? Are you referring to the Augustus Tower entrance off Flamingo?

Caesar's is a very nice property, but it is laid out terribly (because of the awkward and repeated expansions since it was first built in the '60s.)

The self park is in a TERRIBLE location (convenient to nothing), the front desk is in a strange location if you're in any tower except Octavius and Augustus, and the whole place is like a confusing maze.

Also, they made a big mistake in appointing Central as its 24 hour cafe, since you cannot use any kind of comp there (except RCs), so if it's after 11pm, and you want to use your food comp, you are out of luck.

Hi Dan,

I was staying in the Octavius Tower so I believe that is the V.I.P. Valet entrance off of Flamingo Road. I usually did not like staying at Ceasers because of the "maze" you spoke of But this time I had a very pleasant experience. I used my food credits at Gordon Ramsey's Pub/Restaurant and went two times as the Fish and Chips were excellent! Thank you for telling me about the 11pm cut off for the Cafe as I just booked another trip for Feb to see Shania Twain to stay there again. Since I had not been there in years to stay except as a tourist visiting /walking around, I really did think they organized the check in/out etc so much better than before. Best. e.

Bronze
    Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Dan, in the other thread I told how I expected to see about 60,000 points for the Caesars event from some play plus one Rincon bonus event (remember I cashed in points already at Flamingo). But my online account showed more than 461,000 points which is why I made a fast dash to go up there. In the other thread I said there must be other bonus offers that for one reason or another did not show up in time for the Flamingo event.
    Hi Alan,

I would just like to add that I think the booster events gave us a lot more points than expected. What is odd is that they do not show up on the swipe or on the internet as what populates later on. Anyway, it was great to get the extra points! e.

Originally Posted by LizzyM View Post
    I think the booster events gave us a lot more points than expected.
    Actually, the booster events give a lot of points -- period.

During the year, I got several emails from Caesars about booster events that would add 200-thousand points each time I showed up. I think there were four such events. But I never went to any of them because I did the math:

200-thousand points gets you about 7 $100 Shell gas cards or other gift cards. So the value of that promotion was, in effect $700 and I wouldn't make the trip to Caesars for only $700. I cut back on my trips to Caesars when my free play was slashed down to $1,000 so I certainly wasn't going to go for $700 worth of GGWU points with no guarantee that I would even make it to a GGWU event.

Bronze
    Actually, the booster events give a lot of points -- period.

During the year, I got several emails from Caesars about booster events that would add 200-thousand points each time I showed up. I think there were four such events. But I never went to any of them because I did the math:

200-thousand points gets you about 7 $100 Shell gas cards or other gift cards. So the value of that promotion was, in effect $700 and I wouldn't make the trip to Caesars for only $700. I cut back on my trips to Caesars when my free play was slashed down to $1,000 so I certainly wasn't going to go for $700 worth of GGWU points with no guarantee that I would even make it to a GGWU event.
    Hi Alan,

I only did the late stage Rincon booster events Oct/Nov and I did not know what they were worth ahead of time until I got to Ceasers. I did email marketing to please start sending me more mail as I get some invites, but no heads up to free play ( which I have a lot of when I show up) or what events are worth etc.

The Ceasers boosters sound great if you could combine it with a show or something e.

The Ceasers boosters sound great if you could combine it with a show or something e.
    Whenever you can combine offers the value of the offers go up. Combining a $1,000 free play offer with a $500 anniversary dinner makes both offers worth more.

By the way, when I was at Caesars for the GGWU I was able to use my December offers for $400 hotel/food/gift shop comps with $400 of free play... plus I used my extra points at the GGWU.

While I was in line at the cage window for 7 Stars (yes there can be a line for the 7 Stars cage window) I was talking to another 7 Stars player who told me his host booked him into the hotel on two offers simultaneously. The host actually booked him into two different rooms. In room #1 he got some free play offer, and in room #2 he got some offer connected with the GGWU. I never heard of that being done but more power to him as he was at the cage to pick up his $5,000 of free play.

When I go for New Year's I will be using my $500 anniversary dinner along with the NYE promotion.

Bronze
    Whenever you can combine offers the value of the offers go up. Combining a $1,000 free play offer with a $500 anniversary dinner makes both offers worth more.

By the way, when I was at Caesars for the GGWU I was able to use my December offers for $400 hotel/food/gift shop comps with $400 of free play... plus I used my extra points at the GGWU.

While I was in line at the cage window for 7 Stars (yes there can be a line for the 7 Stars cage window) I was talking to another 7 Stars player who told me his host booked him into the hotel on two offers simultaneously. The host actually booked him into two different rooms. In room #1 he got some free play offer, and in room #2 he got some offer connected with the GGWU. I never heard of that being done but more power to him as he was at the cage to pick up his $5,000 of free play.

When I go for New Year's I will be using my $500 anniversary dinner along with the NYE promotion.
    Hi Alan,

I booked the GGWU under a show offer although I had the "GGWU 5 Night Offer" (which included just the 5 nights). So basically I asked the reservation agent on the phone to help me as my offers populated on the web site were confusing. The person ended up adding in the food credit and show tickets. When I got to Ceasers I went to Total Rewards to pick up Free Play and they said I had to "book under that offer", when I let them know I was confused which I was LOL! I asked the girl to help me and told her it was not her fault that we get no mailers on all offers and yet they show up on the site and it must be frustrating to them as they cannot see all the offers we get. She seemed tired and frustrated but when I expressed that I understood and not to worry about it...She said " hold on..." She came back and told me I had two more show tickets, gave me the Free Play authorized by her Manager and another $100.00 food credit..I was stoked! And thanked her so much. I think sometimes just honestly telling them you are not sure how to best combine offers and can they help ....and being appreciative as I truly was helped out a lot. I think the employee's get frustrated and some people are rude to them I see it in line and are more than happy to help if you ask. Anyway, that's my 2 cents and I will write a great review of any employee that went out of their way in case it helps them with a raise or bonus or something Thanx, e.

Hi Dan,

I was staying in the Octavius Tower so I believe that is the V.I.P. Valet entrance off of Flamingo Road. I usually did not like staying at Ceasers because of the "maze" you spoke of But this time I had a very pleasant experience. I used my food credits at Gordon Ramsey's Pub/Restaurant and went two times as the Fish and Chips were excellent! Thank you for telling me about the 11pm cut off for the Cafe as I just booked another trip for Feb to see Shania Twain to stay there again. Since I had not been there in years to stay except as a tourist visiting /walking around, I really did think they organized the check in/out etc so much better than before. Best. e.
    Lizzy,

The cafe (Central) is 24 hours, but they don't take any form of comps. You can use RCs there, but you can't use any other comps. Every restaurant that takes comps closes at 11pm.

The Octavius Tower, built in 2012, is very nice. However, you might want to try the Augustus Tower. It was built in like 2005-2006, and is almost as nice as Octavius. Augustus has the advantages of being closer to everything (especially that Flamingo entrance you like), as well as having nicer views (if you stay on the "Bellagio" side). Just make sure to stay out of the Roman Tower, as it is awful, and looks like a rundown hotel circa 1975.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

The $5000 in freeplay is indicative that he's a whale (especially nowadays when they are tightening their belts in comps). That's probably how he was able to get two offers booked simultaneously.

Regarding using your $500 dinner on New Year's Eve: Be careful.

I tried to do exactly this last year, and ran into some headache. Basically, most of the CET restaurants have an obnoxious, marked-up "New Year's Eve" menu. You get terrible value for your money. We had a family of 4 adults and one baby, and I wanted to be able to have a nice dinner on NYE for $500. On any other night this would be easy, but we were running into these terrible NYE menus, with both poor selection and ridiculously high prices (typically ranging from $160-$300 per person!)

Finally, after a lot of searching, I found Strip House (a steakhouse) at Planet Hollywood. Despite not being CET-owned, for some reason they are willing to take the $500 anniversary dinner comp. They also did not have a marked-up menu for NYE. It was their regular menu, which is exactly what I wanted. The only (small) downside was that tax was charged, meaning my comp was more like $450 or so, as the remainder had to be used for tax. The total bill after tax was $500.69! The waiter complimented me on perfectly calculating everything to where we used the entire comp and it only cost me 69 cents plus tip!

After dinner, we walked back on the closed strip (really strange to see that), and back to Caesar's. We took our desserts back to the room, and watched the fireworks from our Augustus Tower strip view room. My son really enjoyed the fireworks, as he was 2 years old and it was his first time seeing them.

One funny side story: We needed plates, forks, and knives to eat our dessert. I called room service for them, and they wanted to hit me with a "$12 plateage charge"! LOL! I told them I was a Seven Stars and was not going to agree to such a ridiculous charge. After consulting with a supervisor, they backed down and delivered them for free.

It was a very nice evening.

Also, Alan, if you go on NYE to the dinner, make sure to get a paper comp and bring it there yourself! Do not count on it being delivered there properly. My host actually was the one to warn me about that.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Actually I would be using the anniversary dinner during the weekend. On NYE I am going to the dinner party. I don't doubt that there are marked-up menus everywhere for New Year's Eve.

Interesting story about the $12 fee for the plates and utensils. In all honesty, I wouldn't have questioned that. It's not like you had ordered a room service meal and asked for extra forks and plates, etc. You called room service with a special order, didn't you?

Are you still going to do the Katy Perry one for NYE Alan or something else?

Originally Posted by perdition View Post
    are you still going to do the katy perry one for nye alan or something else?
    is there anything else besides katy???

Thread Information