Thread: What are the laws about selling concert tickets online?

Just wondering if eBay permits you to sell concert tickets on-line? Do you know if you will discover any restrictions based on what country you are in?

My parents have just called me and asked if i could "get rid" of their two tickets to some concert as they wont be able to make it as a result of yet another family event.

Apart from asking buddies etc, i thought ebay would be a fantastic location to market them.

But whats ebay's policy on promoting tickets? Ive heard alot about it on the news but ive forgotten what happened.

and if it matters, the concert is inside of this coming month

Thanks ahead of time for your advice.
    Last edited by Alan Mendelson; 01-12-2011 at 09:44 PM. Reason: We removed your link to a ticket selling website. Yes, eBay allows selling of tickets but we don't allow commercial links.

Yes, eBay allows selling of concert tickets and if you look at the eBay site you will see oodles of listings. But eBay does have a policy regarding selling tickets. In part, this eBay policy says:

"You can resell event tickets as long as you make sure that the transactions don't violate any laws. No matter where you live or on what eBay site your'e registered, listings for events that take place in regulated locations must follow the guidelines for that location."

And we have our own policies here on our Forum and our first policy is that we do not allow commercial links and your post tried to hide that you were posting a link to a ticket selling website. We edited your post above to remove that commercial link, but since the basic question was valid (despite your attempt to go around our rules) we left it here and I posted this response.

The bottom line is that when selling tickets know the law. If you really had your parents' tickets to sell here, we would have allowed it. And that's our law.

And if you're a concert ticket buyer -- be sure you get your tickets when you pay for them. And beware of counterfeit tickets. Every time there is a major event, there are many reports of counterfeit and canceled tickets being sold to unsuspecting consumers.

Thread Information