Thread: Strategy: redeem GGWU points for gift cards, then sell them for cash??

I just checked out the "cash offer" for Shell gas cards from this site:

http://www.cardpool.com/sell-gift-ca...Fe01QgodzzgA7Q

I found that I would be paid $90 for a $100 Shell gas card.

This creates a new option for the Great Gift Wrap Up: getting some gas cards for immediate use and some to "cash in" but at a 10% discount.

Other gift cards can also be cashed in this way. Thoughts?

Any comments about this company?

Alan,I hate for this to be my first post. But....
    Your constant search to try and screw the system is disgusting.
    It seems that your whole life revolves around getting over on Rincon.
    Just enjoy the perks. Not everything has be turned into
    Cold hard cash.

There is nothing wrong with what Alan is suggesting. He is trying to get maximum value for his benefits, which is his every right.

Alan, I will be happy to buy your Shell gas cards for above 90% if that's what you want to do.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Originally Posted by Dante View Post
    Alan,I hate for this to be my first post. But....
    Your constant search to try and screw the system is disgusting.
    It seems that your whole life revolves around getting over on Rincon.
    Just enjoy the perks. Not everything has be turned into
    Cold hard cash.
    Thanks for joining us Dante and I am glad you posted. Why do you think this is trying to "screw the system"? I played a lot, earned my GGWU points, and now I want to get the best value for them. If they had a great deal on watch or a computer or a TV I might choose to get one of those -- but I don't need a watch, I think the price for computers is high, and I know for a fact that if I go to Best Buy the electronics chain I can get any of those TVs advertised for the GGWU at a lower "cost."

In years past I bought jewelry at Tourneau but Tourneau is not listed as a vendor this year. Nor is Tiffany which vanished several years ago.

I am not doing anything illegal and I certainly didn't do anything to screw over the company or cheat the company.

Is turning the GGWU "benefits" into "cold hard cash" wrong? Tell me how. Does it make a difference to Caesars if I burn the gas or sell the cards to someone else at a discounted price? Or should I sit on $3,000 worth of gas cards -- and use them one by one over the next 30 or more weeks -- or convert them to cash right away? Does Caesars care?

I really would like to know why you feel the way you do? Please explain, and I look forward to your many posts here.

Thread Information