I'd like to welcome you to our forums, and if you happened to find this particular forum about "media" I would like to ask a simple question, and I hope you will take time to give your answer. Where do you get your news?

A lot has changed since I started in the news business back in the 1960s (yep, it's been that long). Back then, there were morning and evening newspapers, and even rock 'n roll radio stations had newscasts, and there were magazines like Time and Life that were in every home, and we all watched the 6 o'clock news when the family had dinner together. There was no Internet, there were no "smart phones" and there wasn't even Cable TV.

But now, where do you get your news? If you are here, then obviously you are using the Internet, so you must be looking at sports scores, weather, even news from various websites. How much of your news comes from the web? And do you watch certain "news cable channels" such as CNN or Fox or CNBC or the Weather Channel or ESPN? Do you listen to all news radio stations? And do you watch the traditional TV newscasts?

There is a lot of debate about the future of "local news" so what do you think about its importance now and in the future? Thanks.