Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So far pretty disappointing at the Rincon

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Last night I got a wild hair up my ass and decided to go to the Rincon for a "3 in 1" video poker trip.
    Actually you got a wild HARE up your ass. Many of us have wild hairs all over the place all the time, this rarely affects our behaviour. But a wild hare up your ass, well, that's a completely different story altogether now isn't it?
    Last edited by bigfoot66; 11-15-2013 at 04:20 PM.

Thank you Alan, I appreciate all of the California info on the forum and will try to help out where I can. I just recently started making trips to Southern California from Las Vegas again. I like some of the high limit choices in Palm Springs and San Diego.

Originally Posted by HKMHORNS View Post
    I just recently started making trips to Southern California from Las Vegas again. I like some of the high limit choices in Palm Springs and San Diego.
    You have me curious? Are you part of a team going for the progressives here? There used to be two teams who would play the video poker progressives at Rincon -- one from Reno and one from Vegas. I know that the Vegas team (two couples) got hit hard a couple of times and stopped coming.

I just work by myself but I have battled those teams a few years back when that $5 progressive was a better game. I have to imagine it rarely gets playable now. Mostly I will just come down when promotions are good or I get good mailers.

Dan did you ever look for Aces and Faces at the $1 and $2 levels in the "video poker room"? My host just called me on a different matter and had no info about those games being removed.

Never looked in the video poker room, but I did find a $1/$2/$5 machine in the high limit room, labeled Game King. Has both Ace$ and Aces and Faces. But there's only one of them.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Dan did you ever look for Aces and Faces at the $1 and $2 levels in the "video poker room"? My host just called me on a different matter and had no info about those games being removed.
    The $1 and $2 machines are still in the "video poker room". I did pretty well on them this last Sunday. In fact I am going back this weekend to try again. (And of course the double GGWU points)
    Last edited by Aaron; 11-20-2013 at 05:50 PM.

Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    The $1 and $2 machines are still in the "video poker room". I did pretty well on them this last Sunday. In fact I am going back this weekend to try again. (And of course the double GGWU points)
    Thanks, Aaron, and welcome to the forum.

I guess someone was incorrect on vpfree2.com, which is usually pretty accurate.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Never looked in the video poker room, but I did find a $1/$2/$5 machine in the high limit room, labeled Game King. Has both Ace$ and Aces and Faces. But there's only one of them.
    Yes, there has always been only one of those machines in the high limit room.

Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Thanks for joining Aaron. Are you also eligible for the Visa card giveaway on Saturday?

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Thanks for joining Aaron. Are you also eligible for the Visa card giveaway on Saturday?
    Alan,

Here is my list. I try to make a list as I have noticed things forgotten after my trips.

Free Play = $120.00
    Fiore = $150.00
    Visa Card = I don’t know my guaranteed amount.
    Dining Credit = $60.00
    Take it or leave it = $90.00 (the last 2 times I choose leave it and received only $35.00)
    Great Gift Wrap Up = a little over 30,000 each day (with 750 points)

I also have a “lucky” slot machine that I have won on almost every trip. (4 W2’s from the same machine)

This is the $2 VP I was playing. Is the pay table the same as you usually play?

Name:  2013-11-17 - 5.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  73.6 KB

Thanks for the photo Aaron. That's a photo of the new IGT machines that have been installed with the LOUSY pay table. They increase the payoffs on the full house and flush but two pair is only even money.

I play the traditional pay table of 8 full house, 5 flush with two coins on two pair, which pays 99.2% approximately. Your pay table is much less. But when you hit quads the lower pay table doesnt matter.

I am curious if the 8/5 paytable with two pair getting two-for-one is still available for bonus and Aces and Faces???

I wonder what the payback is on that machine above. The 10-8-6 is pretty solid but getting 1 on a 2 pair usually knocks the % down a couple. A similar 10-8-5 machine was listed as 94.16%.

Edit: Whoops looks like Alan asked the same question.

It pays about 96%.

Yeah, that's a terrible pay table.

Also, Aaron, are you aware of the strategy differences between two pair paying 2x and 1x? If you play standard Jacks or Better strategy, you will be losing even more money. Fortunate for you that you've been lucky so far.

However, if you are playing $2 Aces and Faces, may I suggest that you go to the High Limit room, find the machine labeled "Game King", and you can play the same game with 2x for two pair. You will only get 5 for the flush instead of 6, but the tradeoff is worth it BIG TIME.

However, if you are playing $2 Aces and Faces, may I suggest that you go to the High Limit room, find the machine labeled "Game King", and you can play the same game with 2x for two pair. You will only get 5 for the flush instead of 6, but the tradeoff is worth it BIG TIME.
    The regular $1 and $2 Aces and Faces and $1 and $2 Bonus games are still in the Video Poker room on the Game King Machines. There aren't many of them, but look for the older machines.

Thread Information