Thread: My best car

My best car was my 1985 Mustang Convertible. It wasn't a 5.0 because back then 5.0's were hard to get -- and also hard to insure. In fact, when I bought My Mustang the dealer only had two convertibles -- the red one that I got and the blue one. It was my choice-- and the one I didn't pick went to the dealer's daughter. My red mustang with the burgundy interior (kind of red) and the black top stayed with me for more than 100-thou miles and 15 years. I had to replace the convertible top twice because that's how the car was broken into twice. I had it repainted twice to keep it looking sharp. Never had a problem driving it, except that after about 90,000 miles the engine started to leak oil so from then on I parked it over newspaper in the garage. What's great about old Mustangs is that they never go out of style. No one will ever look at you and say "you're driving an old car." They'll always look at you and say "great old Mustang." Finally had to sell it because I moved from a house with a three car garage. Surprisingly it still had some value after 15 years and more than a hundred thou on the odometer.

My new "best car" is the car I'm driving now... a 2003 Mercedes C240. I know have 113-thousand miles on it and the car still drives and looks like a dream. I had my 100K big maintenance and tune-up and it cost less than expected. A sales rep from the dealership where I got the car called me a few weeks ago to ask if I was interested in a new car. I told him, "no thanks, I want to get 200-thousand out of this one." He said "I appreciate that." My only regret is that it uses premium gas.

Thread Information