Thread: Caesar's "Laurel Collection" offers shouldn't be sent to Seven Stars members

Caesar's Palace has invented something called "The Laurel Collection" -- high-end experiences that revolve around a stay at Caesar's Palace.

I recently got an offer that looked good:

Two nights at Caesar's in the Augustus Tower
    Meal at Guy Savoy, up to $400 credit

So while the room at Caesar's was useless to me as a Seven Stars member, the $400 at Guy Savoy looked nice.

I called up, and it turned out that this was a general marketing offer, and NOT a comp of any sort.

They quoted me a price:

$1150

So I would be paying $1150 for two nights at Caesar's and a $400 meal, when I could stay at Caesar's any time for free and spend the $400 myself.

Basically, the offer was asking me to light $750 on fire.

I asked why they sent this to Seven Stars, and the rep didn't know.

She then asked, "Do you want me to look up any other dates, which might be cheaper?", as if there was any possibility it would go from $1150 to under $400.

Just for kicks, I said yes, and none of them were any cheaper -- in fact another weekend was like $1400.

Typical Caesar's fail, sending this stuff to Seven Stars, only to piss them off when they are being asked to pay for rooms as part of these "offers".
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

That is about as crazy as you can get. Does anyone, 7 Star or not, take that insane offer?

I don't know exactly what the "Laurel Collection" is supposed to be, but when I stayed at Caesars recently there were small pop up signs on the dresser and nightstand of my room that indicated it was a "Laurel Collection" room... and it looked like any other room I've ever stayed in at the Augustus Tower.

By the way, I prefer the Augustus Tower over the Octavius Tower... Augustus is a better location for where I need to go in and around Caesars, and I think the shower has a better design with a small ledge for shampoo bottles and the like. Octavius does have bigger TVs.

That offer is a bit of a joke -- maybe a "Laurel and Hardy" offer would be a better name.

Thread Information