You've heard of celebrity signing events, of course. There are sports stars who show up at conventions and sports memorabilia stores to sign their autographs on helmets and jerseys. For many months, Pete Rose would show up every weekend to sign autographs at a sports collectibles store in the Forum Shops at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.

And then there are authors who show up at book stores to autograph copies of their books for buyers. I think every author makes a book tour and signs autographs. I have autographed books by several authors. I don't think it made the books better, but they are the books I keep.

And the Kardashians show up to sign photos and products when they unveil something new whether it's a book or a perfume.

And then, there is the Treasurer of the United States who is taking a page from the "how to do a celebrity signing" and will be having a signing at the Bureau of Engraving and Printing to help promote the sale of collectibles from the U.S. Government.

Yes, the folks who print our money also sell collectibles such as uncut sheets of currency, and specially selected pieces of currency with special serial numbers. And to help promote holiday sales, the superstar of the "money department" at the US Government "Money Team" will be on hand to sign autographs.

Here is the press release from the Bureau of Engraving and Printing:

Washington, DC (December 4, 2013) – Join Treasurer of the United States Rosie Rios for an exclusive holiday gift signing event at the Bureau of Engraving and Printing (BEP).

Treasurer Rios, whose signature appears on U.S. currency, will sign products that make for welcome holiday gifts – such as U.S. currency notes, including the newly-released $100 note, and specialty products from the U.S. Mint – at the BEP from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Friday, December 6 and Friday, December 20. Circulated notes can be exchanged for uncirculated notes while at the BEP. Treasurer Rios’s signature is limited to two currency/coinage products per individual.

The BEP Visitor Center sells unique items including uncut currency sheets, premium currency products and engravings. Limited edition coins honoring the Girls Scouts and 5-Star Generals are also available for purchase.