Thread: Screen Actors Guild Awards and iTunes

I am a member of SAG-AFTRA, the combined Screen Actors Guild and American Federation of Television and Radio Artists.

This is the time of year when our mailboxes are usually stuffed with video tapes of various movies that have been nominated for the SAG Awards -- members vote.

A few years ago instead of getting VHS tapes the move was made to DVDs.

And now, I just got an email, that says I can view the nominated films on iTunes. There is a special "code" so that only members can view these movies for free. I am not going to reveal the codes, so don't ask me to.

I think it's fascinating how media and distributions of movies has changed. In fact, when you go to the theater these days the movie you watch might not be on film at all. It could be a digital file that you are watching, or an Internet stream, or something besides a traditional film reel.

Do you still pay yearly dues to be in SAG-AFTRA?
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Yes, I am an active dues paying member -- and dues are based on my income. My health insurance also comes from the union and I pay semi annual fees for that as well. And I am collecting a pension, which continues to increase because I still work and contributions to my pension fund are made according to my new earnings. I guess that makes me "semi retired."

Thread Information