Thread: McDonald's it's time to remodel your restrooms

McDonald's it is time to remodel your restrooms and to use the new hands-free and touch-free appliances that other restaurants have. You should have more sanitary facilities because that is the only way to keep your food safe.

I think McDonald's restaurants are years behind the improvements that other restaurants have. Here are photos of what I would call a typical McDonald's men's room:

The men's room has the typical handle to flush the urinals; and the toilet has the typical handle to flush; the sink requires you to use your hand to turn the water on and off. Now having handles on these devices wouldn't be bad if you had the option to use a paper towels to do the flushing and turning the water on and off -- but no -- McDonald's has air blowers instead of towels and you have to touch the button on the air blowers too.

I think it's probably impossible to come out of a McDonald's restroom with clean hands. No matter what you touch there will be some bacteria somewhere. Even if you wash your hands carefully with soap and warm water you still have to use your "clean hand" to turn the water off.

Come on, McDonald's. It's 2014 and touch free bathroom urinals, toilets, sinks, soap dispensers and towel dispensers have been around for several years.

Oh... if you do adopt towel dispensers (that would be the basic change) be sure to have a waste basket next to the bathroom door so customers can use the towel to open the door handle and toss the towel directly into the waste basket.Name:  20140101_180403.jpg
Views: 941
Size:  92.0 KBName:  20140101_180409.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  87.8 KBName:  20140101_180415.jpg
Views: 2306
Size:  104.5 KBName:  20140101_180427.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  119.6 KB

Yet another good reason why I only use the drive-thru at McDonalds (occasionally for breakfast).

Originally Posted by Count Room View Post
    Yet another good reason why I only use the drive-thru at McDonalds (occasionally for breakfast).
    Unfortunately the McDonald's employees use those restrooms.

Thread Information