Thread: The Kicker Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    There's only one person qualified to talk about how the kickers in DDBP & TDBP, the only two games I've ever played that involve kickers, are treated by me....and that's, OMG, ME! So I've started this new thread to clear the way for questions, comments, criticisms, and even lies, because, as everyone knows, some people have a very difficult time handling the truth....esp. if they just had to wait in a long line at the pharmacy again.

The Singer rules are simple and clear: A kicker NEVER is held in the performance of a special play. Period (please note: this is not the same "period" as Obama uses). And, in no case during any of my strategies will you ever see me hold a kicker with three Aces. Why? Because four Aces in either game and at any denomination, will ALWAYS attain either a mini-win (very infrequently) or overall win goal (very frequently).

The game of TDBP is a game I never played in any of my strategies while playing professionally until retiring in May of 2009. Since then I added it into my ARTT strategy only, and I've played it maybe a dozen times at most. While I clearly explained Aces & kickers above, it's the kickers with quad 2's thru 4's that present a unique situation, esp. after posting my $50,000 hit.

There is one single overriding task when playing my strategies, and that is attaining a win goal. Nothing is more important than getting it and leaving. Special plays that deviate from optimal strategy have played a fair role in session-ending wins over the years. So why did I hold the A kicker with three 3's? Simple--it was the optimal play that had the only chance of attaining my win goal, whereas the special play of holding only the three 3's did not.

Is my video with Alan about kickers confusing? Yes. Why? Because I said I would never hold a kicker with four 2's as a special play in TDBP. Well, it is not a special play when as the optimal play, it will attain my win goal if successful. Yet, I did hold the kicker. It seems contradictory, I agree. But remember, I had never played that game in any of my goal-oriented strategies, I was thinking of the issue as what my rules are for DDBP (where small quads with kickers are only 800 credit wins) which I frequently played, and I wasn't aware of how holding the kicker with trips was the optimal play, let alone a potential 2000 credit winner, even though I had played the game recreationally now and then in the distant past.

Clear yet?
    Last edited by Rob.Singer; 01-05-2014 at 11:29 PM.

Thread Information