Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Caesars Palace for customer service

What can I say? Caesars Palace is the best. When I was there a week ago I left my phone charger in my room.

And the maid found it, turned it in to lost and found.

When I got home and discovered I left it in my room I called the hotel and was transferred to lost and found. It was there, and they sent it to me... by FedEx... which probably cost almost as much as a new phone charger.

Photo below of the returned charger with letter from Caesars.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Bronze
    SWEET! I am going there tomorrow for a few days and I have to agree with you, all of the staff from the valet, to the front desk to anyone are VERY friendly, professional and make the stay that much more of an incredible experience.

I am staying in Octavius Tower again ( stayed in Dec) and I am really looking forward to the next few days. e.

LizzyM when you stay in the Octavius check the bathroom vanity drawers. Each time I stayed there I found that the drawers were stocked with things that in the other towers you would have to call maid service to get including extra soap, shampoo, toothbrushes and toothpaste, shaving kits, the whole works. Only by accident did I open the drawers to find this stuff. I wonder if they still stock those rooms that way?? Lately I've been in the Augustus because I prefer the view of the Bellagio fountain.

While it's nice they Fed-Ex'd your charger, what else are they going to do with it? Hold it for months until you come back? This was probably the easiest and cheapest way for them to end the situation, and they would be assholes to charge you (especially given that you're a Seven Stars member).

But don't give them too much credit.

When I was REALLY sick with the norovirus on January 18th, and basically unable to leave bed, I called them to find out if they could bring me a few bottles of Gatorade to my room, and some milk for my young child.

They told me it would be $48.

I once again expressed how sick I was, and how badly I needed to re-hydrate after vomiting numerous times. I told them I was a Seven Stars member, and really didn't want to be gouged when stuck in this kind of position.

The guy looked up my RCs and then told me, "You have $2400 in RCs, so you can easily cover that $48 charge." I tried to explain to him that RCs have real value and shouldn't just be wasted, and he treated me like I was speaking another language.

Finally, I just told them to send a wheelchair for me, and they wheeled me to my car, with my wife walking behind. She drove me to Walgreens (I directed her there), and bought our stuff there.

I wouldn't mind if they charged me for the milk and Gatorade, but to gouge me like that ($48 lol) was pretty obnoxious.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Todd,

What's more obnoxious is your continued sense of entitlement. Why do you constantly expect EVERYTHING for free? You damn well know what rcs are used for. You extracted $2400 from Caesars in a false way. My god just man up and pay for the hydration. The time and effort going to walgreens could not have possibly been worth it.

Originally Posted by Dante View Post
    Todd,

What's more obnoxious is your continued sense of entitlement. Why do you constantly expect EVERYTHING for free? You damn well know what rcs are used for. You extracted $2400 from Caesars in a false way. My god just man up and pay for the hydration. The time and effort going to walgreens could not have possibly been worth it.
    This crap again?

I thought I explained all of this to you privately.

My RCs were earned fairly. If you don't think they were, go back and reread the private message I sent you about it.

RCs are for the player to use the way he sees fit. You can even exchange them for freeplay at a 5:4 ratio. They have real value, so obviously it's ridiculous for employees to suggest there that I waste them.

Unfortunately, CET properties train their employees to encourage customers to waste their RCs, assuming that most people will just see them as "comps" and won't assign a real value to them.

There was no sense of entitlement here. I wasn't even expecting free stuff. I just wanted them to sell me the Gatorade and the milk at a reasonable price. The fact that they wanted to gouge me for $48 because I couldn't physically leave the room was pretty damn obnoxious.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Why should Dan Druff get special pricing out of all 5000 or so guests staying in the hotel? How is that not entitlement? Did you expect or hope for Caesars to sell you the items at cost? What is a fair price? Your logic is irrational. Funny though I'm a seven star AND a jew. I would never grovel over such trivial matters. Look at 90% of your posts here and at PFA. They usually include some gripe about pricing/service. Why don't you just boycott Caesars and you'll never have to worry about such trivial details? When people are dissatisfied with cs they move on. You being an attention whore relish in the cluster fuck that is CET. My line of thinking has not changed.

And Todd It was pretty obvious that you were truly smitten by that skank Josie. It was awkward listening to the banter between the two of you.

Why should Dan Druff get special pricing out of all 5000 or so guests staying in the hotel? How is that not entitlement? Did you expect or hope for Caesars to sell you the items at cost? What is a fair price? Your logic is irrational.

And Todd It was pretty obvious that you were truly smitten by that skank Josie. It was awkward listening to the banter between the two of you.
    Kinda out of place to discuss Todd's ways of communication on PFA at Alan's forum. Fight your battles over there please?

But to get back to the matter at hand, I agree with you mostly. Todd, you have $2400 in RC's, you're sick and need people to bring you stuff to stay hydrated. Take the drinks you're talking about out of a Vegas hotel room minibar and you pay about the same. Nobody has to do extra work for you. Now in this case, you want them to provide you a service, an employee has to invest time into that, they charge you a certain price for it, you can pay for it with RC's (no out of your pocket money at that moment) and you still bitch and complain. This has nothing to do with CP service. It has everything to do with you being cheap, cheap, cheap.

Your response to the battery charger issue is dumb. You know what CP also could have done? Sorry Mr. Mendelson, we didn't find you phone charger, "we checked the room and lost and found" and it's not there". We're sorry but you're on your own. Nothing Alan could have done about that. Would have saved CP a lot of work and thus money. So you sir, appear to be a little bit of a diva.

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Finally, I just told them to send a wheelchair for me, and they wheeled me to my car, with my wife walking behind. She drove me to Walgreens (I directed her there), and bought our stuff there
    Why didn't your wife just go out and buy it for you while you rested in the room?

Everyone knows why a gambler so controlled by the CET system would feel entitled to $48 worth of freebies just because of players club status: he loses. A winner would simply pay whatever it takes when it's a comfort or health issue.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Everyone knows why a gambler so controlled by the CET system would feel entitled to $48 worth of freebies just because of players club status: he loses. A winner would simply pay whatever it takes when it's a comfort or health issue.

Oh put a sock in it will you? It has nothing to do with being a winning gambler or not. It has everything to do with being a cheap skate. And in that department, you're king so you're absolutely not the right person to have an opinion here.

+1 couldn't agree with you more

Dan doesn't operate on euro-standards. That wasn't even a worthwhile try VL.

Dan doesn't operate on euro-standards. That wasn't even a worthwhile try VL.
    Once again, the typical reply of a drunk. Try to make some sense sometimes Rob. I know it's hard but please, pretty please, put some effort into it.

How easy to rope a simple mark in....but the Dutch have always been vulnerable to that. I'll have you eating out of my hand shortly VL, and don't worry, it will have taste.

How easy to rope a simple mark in....but the Dutch have always been vulnerable to that. I'll have you eating out of my hand shortly VL, and don't worry, it will have taste.
    Enjoy your playground Robbieboy, I'm about done wasting my time on you. You can have the stage to yourself. Enjoy!

Why should Dan Druff get special pricing out of all 5000 or so guests staying in the hotel? How is that not entitlement? Did you expect or hope for Caesars to sell you the items at cost? What is a fair price? Your logic is irrational. Funny though I'm a seven star AND a jew. I would never grovel over such trivial matters. Look at 90% of your posts here and at PFA. They usually include some gripe about pricing/service. Why don't you just boycott Caesars and you'll never have to worry about such trivial details? When people are dissatisfied with cs they move on. You being an attention whore relish in the cluster fuck that is CET. My line of thinking has not changed.
    Originally Posted by Vegas_lover View Post
    But to get back to the matter at hand, I agree with you mostly. Todd, you have $2400 in RC's, you're sick and need people to bring you stuff to stay hydrated. Take the drinks you're talking about out of a Vegas hotel room minibar and you pay about the same. Nobody has to do extra work for you. Now in this case, you want them to provide you a service, an employee has to invest time into that, they charge you a certain price for it, you can pay for it with RC's (no out of your pocket money at that moment) and you still bitch and complain. This has nothing to do with CP service. It has everything to do with you being cheap, cheap, cheap.

Your response to the battery charger issue is dumb. You know what CP also could have done? Sorry Mr. Mendelson, we didn't find you phone charger, "we checked the room and lost and found" and it's not there". We're sorry but you're on your own. Nothing Alan could have done about that. Would have saved CP a lot of work and thus money. So you sir, appear to be a little bit of a diva.

$48 is not market price by any means for a few 32oz bottles of Gatorade and a quart of milk.

Not in the store, not in 7-11, not in a hotel, and not even in a minibar.

Besides, none of this stuff was in the minibar, so it's not like I had the choice to get it myself and then wanted to have it delivered at a discount.

I was told that the price was so expensive because "this has to be done by butler service, and they charge a premium for that." (However, they admitted they had all of the items on hand and didn't have to leave the property to obtain them.)

But the bottom line was that I was horrendously sick (a hair away from going to the ER), and was asking for a one-time favor of being brought a few items at a reasonable price.

What do I mean by reasonable? I don't mean "at cost". I don't mean the price I'd pay at a supermarket. I mean a price that would make sense for a hotel to charge for the items.

The amount of RCs I have is immaterial, just as the amount of money in my bank account is immaterial. People shouldn't be gouged just because they can afford to be gouged.

Now, if I were just lazy and didn't feel like getting the items myself, I would totally understand the $48 charge, as I would be able-bodied and perfectly able to get the items myself if I didn't like the price. However, I wasn't. They believed I wasn't. I had never made a request like this before in all of my time at CET properties. If I was chronically abusing these deliveries and repeatedly claiming to be sick, you'd have a point, but that was clearly not the issue here.

What is good customer service?

It's evaluating the customer's need on a case-by-case basis, and erring in favor of the customer in reasonable situations.

So when a guy is vomiting 15 times and is too sick & dizzy to even stand up, and calls wanting Gatorade to re-hydrate, you bring him the damn Gatorade and don't try to mark the price up by a factor of 8 because you call it "butler service". You just bring the damn Gatorade, charge something minimal (or even better, waive the charge), and you've won the customer over for life.

This applies to ALL customers of Caesar's, not just Seven Stars.

But it's even worse to do to a Seven Stars customer, who by Caesar's own admission, is supposed to receive an elevated level of service. It's the same reason I get to go directly to the front of the cashier line when it's 25 people long.

Now, I'm sure Dante will come back with some nonsense that I "didn't earn" my Seven Stars and cheated the process, even though I spent 20 minutes painstakingly explaining the whole thing in a PM. I guess it's more convenient for him to keep peddling that lie about me.

I posted my story in this thread because Alan was praising Caesar's for their great customer service. I pointed out that, while they handled his situation properly, they screwed up mine big time, and were anything but customer service oriented.

Here, I'll make it easy for you, Rob.

Yes, I lost in 2013 while earning Seven Stars. I played -EV games to get there, and I also ran worse than expected (zero Royals, among other things).

Now stop hijacking this thread with your usual nonsense/trolling.

Originally Posted by a2a3dseddie View Post
    Why didn't your wife just go out and buy it for you while you rested in the room?
    She is very unfamiliar with driving in Vegas, and had no clue where to go. Also, it is extremely confusing to get out of the Caesar's self park and onto the street, unless you want to exit on the strip. On Saturday night, you know why that wasn't a good idea, and even then she wouldn't have known where to go.

The wheelchair thing was actually a good solution, as they wheeled me directly to my car, she drove, and I told her exactly where to go. I did tip the security guard who wheeled me there.

The heck with learning Rob's vp strategy. Where do I sign up for the charm school? He appears to have a recent graduate or two.

Here's where I go off the deep end with CET and modern monopolies on the strip. Thirty years ago, that Gatorade would have been in your room, pronto, free of charge, with a nurse-on-staff to check on you. Nobody would be dying at Caesars' Palace if management could help it.

Thread Information