Thread: I've always wanted to ask Rob this question.....

Do the 400 credits in your strategies allow for the possibility of cold cycles and thus when playing them do you forsake even checking for them or have there been times when you noticed them and restarted on another machine? Thanks.

The 400 credit requirement does not consider nor is it affected by, cold or hot cycles that may occur. I always move to another machine if and when I detect a cold cycle.

Question: how many bets (hands, plays) does it take to detect a cold cycle? What is the best indicator that you are in a cold cycle?

That's been discussed multiple times here. I will explain it again in detail in due time.

In the meantime, I offer this. Why not have that idiot Spock--who's obviously trying to ease his toutuous pain over my last jackpot by making up a denominational presto-chango issue, then stomping up & down over something even less meaningful, GT--have him do some actual research on this for a change so I don't have to write it all again. Give the poor fellow something real to do that could go a long way in helping him forget about my winning. It'll be an effort of mercy. As a side note, I guess I should be honored that he's not disputing my "schlong" with some more of his non-thorough, from-a-safe-distance efforts
    Last edited by Rob.Singer; 02-07-2014 at 06:47 PM.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    That's been discussed multiple times here. I will explain it again in detail in due time.

In the meantime, I offer this. Why not have that idiot Spock--who's obviously trying to ease his toutuous pain over my last jackpot by making up a denominational presto-chango issue, then stomping up & down over something even less meaningful, GT--have him do some actual research on this for a change so I don't have to write it all again. Give the poor fellow something real to do that could go a long way in helping him forget about my winning. It'll be an effort of mercy. As a side note, I guess I should be honored that he's not disputing my "schlong" with some more of his non-thorough, from-a-safe-distance efforts
    Rob, your response above is uncalled for and inappropriate. I didnt remove it because I will let it speak for itself.

However, this is not a time for you to hurl insults. It is, however, a time for you to set the record straight -- if you can.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Question: how many bets (hands, plays) does it take to detect a cold cycle? What is the best indicator that you are in a cold cycle?
    Alan, you should remember all the hullabaloo we had over discussing the hot/cold cycle thing. I had just reread some of Rob's articles where he said you should never change in the middle of the road whenever you start a strategy and I wanted to make sure my understanding was complete as I've saved for another 3 sessions of freed up money. I can deduce from what he said and the pm's he's sent me what he means-just double checking. Confidence means everything once you start. I really should have sent a pm.

Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Confidence means everything once you start. I really should have sent a pm.
    I think it's a valid question that you asked and having Rob discuss his strategy here is always welcome. Many may not agree with it, but as long as the conversation is civil let's have it.

I asked the question again because, quite frankly, I wonder if it changed? Rob seemed to have changed his position on holding kickers, so if there is a new definition about when a hot cycle or a cold cycle begins or ends Rob should tell us. And since learning about video poker is an ongoing experience, if Rob is changing his definitions I'm okay with it and welcome the new information.

As I posted recently, I was on a machine that I thought was in a "hot cycle" and if it had a higher denomination (I was at $2 which was the highest) I would have switched up.

No-just my thoughts changed. In one of his articles he stated that one should never change midstream-which I took to mean play the full 400 credits. He only meant I could continue the strategy on another machine. In your case, I believe you would have been changing to a higher denom AFTER attaining a win goal and I don't know about that.

You should also be sure to move whenever an alien from the planet Argenti sits down next to you. Bad mojo.

Originally Posted by arcimede$ View Post
    You should also be sure to move whenever an alien from the planet Argenti sits down next to you. Bad mojo.
    Would that alien be in a wheelchair, arci?

Alan, regarding what I've said about kickers and what I've done with them: you may remember I said that in our videos where I talked about TDBP, I had never played that game as a part of any of my strategies as yet. So I wasn't really familiar with how I'd react if and when a situation ever arose (which it obviously did). I guess you could say I did what Obama did when he realized he could get the queer vote by embracing their "beliefs"....I EVOLVED.

I haven't seen a cold cycle in quite some time....to the disdain of many a poster, and to my double delight!

Thread Information