Thread: Darn it... the Wall Street Journal spilled the beans.

Now the whole world knows about the $2-million++ jackpot that's waiting to be hit at the MGM Grand on the Lions Share slot machine.

See: http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...p_EditorsPicks

What the WSJ did not include in the article was why the jackpot is so big on the single machine.

The reason is that under Nevada gaming regulations the amount "contributed" by players on a progressive game belongs to the "players" so either the jackpot must be hit or the progressive amount must be distributed to other games where it must be hit.

If you played this game before (as I once did about 6 or 7 years ago) you will probably now see a line of people waiting to play it since it's now so well known... not that it wasn't well know before, however.

Now Rob's going to hit it and show us the picture. Mark my words.

This isn't a half bad idea to make some money...

Originally Posted by Count Room View Post
    Now Rob's going to hit it and show us the picture. Mark my words.
    There used to be a photo booth outside Harrah's on the Strip where you could take a picture next to a simulated slot machine showing a Jackpot. I think it might be a worthwhile venture to set up a similar photo booth outside the MGM where you could take a picture with a simulated Lions Share machine showing the Lions all lined up.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    This isn't a half bad idea to make some money...

There used to be a photo booth outside Harrah's on the Strip where you could take a picture next to a simulated slot machine showing a Jackpot. I think it might be a worthwhile venture to set up a similar photo booth outside the MGM where you could take a picture with a simulated Lions Share machine showing the Lions all lined up.
    Alan. That is genius! I doubt MGM would allow an exact replica be used though.

Now I just have to go after this Lions Share jackpot, with camera in hand. How in the world can I let it go when someone says they know of a gambler who just won two million dollars at craps that beat my recent jackpots??

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Now I just have to go after this Lions Share jackpot, with camera in hand. How in the world can I let it go when someone says they know of a gambler who just won two million dollars at craps that beat my recent jackpots??
    Just make sure the faceplate on the machine is correct before you snap the pic!

I get the feeling whoever wins that will end up becoming a bit of a targe....celebrity so it shouldn't be a problem finding the name.

Actually, it might be difficult to find the name of the Lions winner. IGT keeps the name of Megabucks winners private and releases them only if the player wants it released. But if Rob tells us that he hit the Lions when the Lions are hit we will have to see something more than a photo of the Lions lined up to believe it was Rob who got it. Right? LOL

Sworn notarized statement from the lion.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Actually, it might be difficult to find the name of the Lions winner. IGT keeps the name of Megabucks winners private and releases them only if the player wants it released. But if Rob tells us that he hit the Lions when the Lions are hit we will have to see something more than a photo of the Lions lined up to believe it was Rob who got it. Right? LOL

I was thinking more in relation to regulars playing and there always being a crowd. Even if they keep it private, word of mouth will get around, cell phone pics, etc.

AOL just featured this as a lead story today, also.

Thread Information