Thread: Friday night quickie trip report at Rincon

I drove down to play the daily offer I had for Friday at Rincon plus the weekly free play. The weekly free play offer was $150 and the daily offer was a random award of either free play of as much as $500 or comp dollars which also could have been converted into free play.

My "random award" was worth $140 of free play after converting comp dollars and in all I had $290 of free play. I played 8/5 Bonus and when the machine with 8/5 Aces and Faces opened up I switched to that machine.

I hit two quads and turned my $290 of free play into $325 cash which I took home.

While playing Aaron came over and introduced himself and it's always good to meet other forum members face to face.

I left LA at 9pm and the drive to Rincon was amazingly fast and easy and the freeways were almost "empty." The ride was so easy that I am tempted to drive down today (Saturday) to take advantage of another mystery free play offer with $100 guaranteed and a maximum of $1,000.

Even just the $100 free play makes it worthwhile because I feel pretty confident I can convert that into at least $40 cash which will cover the gas. Plus they give out some sort of table top grill and while I don't want the grill I am hoping that they will offer some free play in lieu of it.

I also put on 562 tier points on Friday night and while there are some "pros" who might scoff at that it is 562 tier points that I scored along with a $325 profit and those 562 tier points will also earn some sort of bonus plus it will earn me another discount with the Shell rewards program that Total Rewards now offers.

When I bought Shell gas earlier this week I had a discount of 40-cents per gallon because of the deal with Total Rewards.

Gold
    Thought I saw you last night here Alan. I got lucky this morning. Had a royal dealt to me on deuces 50 cent.
    We just picked up our grills. Wasn't worth taking the 20.00 free play in place of
    the grill. We will just give them away.

I went back Saturday and it was a mistake. My mystery free play was $125 (guaranteed minimum was $100) and there were no extra bonuses or incentives. I didn't want the grill and it's a good thing I didn't because I was told that they exhausted the supply of grills at 3:40PM so I got the $20 free play voucher which was just fine with me.

I did use reward credits to give myself some more free play but overall it was a waste of time, and I am not likely to do it again unless the free play guaranteed amount is worthwhile.

Again, it makes more sense for me now to go to Caesars in Vegas where I get a $1,000 of free play.

Thread Information