Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What about the new tower at Rincon?

In another thread Nash wrote about an inability to book a room at Rincon despite being 7Stars and giving proper advance notice:

Originally Posted by Nash View Post
    I am supposed to be comped for having 7 stars status as long as I give 48 hours notice.
    You are not the first 7Stars to have this problem, and I know many Diamonds who can't get rooms even on weeknights. The problem is the existing hotel at Rincon is too small. BUT I THOUGHT THE NEW TOWER WAS SUPPOSED TO BE OPEN IN FEBRUARY?? I don't see any indication that the new tower is opening anytime soon. No signs, no advertising, no mailers.

Construction delays and perhaps delays getting furniture in are common in the construction business. By the way, I've also seen nothing about a "hiring fair" for new staffers for the hotel.

Gold
    I heard April but it looks like it's not going to open until the fall. They have this on their website. "RESERVE YOUR ROOM IN OUR NEW RESORT TOWER THIS FALL."
    It looks like it's going to be called the Newport Tower.

I wonder what the problem is? They are actually going to miss the summer season? Wow.

Gold
    A few months ago I asked my host what some of the entertainment was going to be this year and she told me they haven't really lined anyone up. I found that surprising since they already have the new entertainment center open. I've only gotten offers for the magic show and Foreigner.

I asked my host last week if the Spa Tower was still noisy due to the construction.

She said, "No, the construction is finished. They are opening April 1st. They are just working on the interior, like installing TVs and bringing in beds."

But I admit it's weird that the website is showing the fall. Hard to believe that they could take an additional 7 months just for interior work, though.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

I called Total Rewards and was told the new tower opens in April. So what's correct?

Gold
    I was on the Rincon website and while trying to book reservations I did notice where you can choose the type of room you want, they do have it listed as "RESORT N" and blacked out from now until April 1st so it looks like
    that is the correct date for now.

Nash

You want to book a resort Coronado suite. The floor plans look amazing. They are even nicer (more modern furniture and amenities) than the Catalina suites in the old spa tower. I can't wait to try one out when they open.

Gold
    Dante

I only see one picture of the resort Coronado suite on the website. The website won't even allow you to book one in the new tower. I've stayed in both (Catalina & Coronado) suites in the Spa tower. The beds are nicer and I love the balconies.

Gold
    I just got the word from my host. Official Grand Opening of the new tower is April 1st.

Nash

My mistake. The suite has been named the Newport Suite. Go to the bottom of the Rincon web page. Look for the new tower info. The link for the floor plan and 3 photos should be there.

Originally Posted by Nash View Post
    I just got the word from my host. Official Grand Opening of the new tower is April 1st.
    April Fool's Day???

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    April Fool's Day???
    Given all the fail at the Rincon, there couldn't be a more appropriate opening day.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

My friend and i are Platinum slot players.

We checked the reservation calendar and we both saw that the New Tower rooms were available this weekend. My coupon offers are only for midweek but the calendar at Total Rewards showed a lot of availabilty.

We both booked a room but i cancelled mine so i could stay at Valley View instead. I just haven't had any kind of play on the slots at Harrah's and really didn't want to be "stuck" there. I used to be a big fan.

At least my friend will have her room and i can't wait to check out the new tower rooms.

Also, i was very surprised that i was able to book a room in the new tower for the Memorial Day Weekend.

I imagine they will open with more fanfare once they work out the kinks.

SlotPlayer thanks for joining us. Please give us a report on the new tower at Rincon. I didn't think the tower would actually be open until early April?

It's definitely open, not to public yet but to Total Rewards members, i was told by my friend who stayed there. I got to see the new tower room. She was on 8th floor overlooking valet parking and pool area. It was very quiet.

Had that "new car smell".

After months of telling my mother how nice Harrahs Rincon is, I finally convince her to come with me.
    New tower experience was nice until...
    Cold water went out. Toilet only flushed once, emptied the tank then would not flush again.
    Hot water burning hands when trying to wash hands. Then they ended up shuting down the hot water.
    Had to change rooms to the spa tower after hours of water outage. Had lovely mac and cheese balls in the diamond lounge.
    Very disapointing trip. Thinking about ending trip early.

I should also remark about the short time it takes for the automatic light timer to turn off the lights in the room. I'm all for saving energy, however when your in the room for a short period of time and you find yourself in the dark and need to do jumping jacks to activate the motion sensor and turn the lights back on it gets to be a bit too much.

I would hope that Rincon gives the "displaced new tower guests" some sort of compensation for the trouble. At least a free night, or for those who are comped (Diamonds, etc) some other sort of comp such as a dinner comp or buffet comp.

The last thing Rincon would want is for the guests of the new tower to have nothing but a complaint to share on Facebook and forums like this one and with friends. Some sort of comp would provide some damage control for the new tower.

They took a $23.75 charge to the room off my bill

Thread Information