Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What about the new tower at Rincon?

They have automatic lights in the rooms in the new tower? Wow, that's awful.

It's not about environmentalism. It's about saving themselves money.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    It's not about environmentalism. It's about saving themselves money.
    When I recycle my cans and bottles I do it for the money also. So I don't blame them for having motion detectors to turn off the lights when the rooms are empty. I think the issue really is having the motion detectors having a short time sequence, or perhaps not being sensitive to small movements.

What really bugs me is that my cable TV system will switch off if I am watching the same channel for more than three hours. I like to have a particular cable channel on at night and there is no reason for me to change the channel... and after three hours I either have to hit the "ok" button on the remote or it turns off.

I stayed in the new tower last night. The lights are on a 15 minute timer and go off with no movement. The TV and air conditioning stayed on all night, thankfully. I stopped staying in Vegas hotels where the AC would turn off automatically.

At Caesars the AC is on a regular thermostat that the guest can control. This might sound strange to the rest of you... but the first thing I do when I arrive in the room is turn the AC "off" because generally I find the room is freezing cold when I arrive. Summers too.

Thread Information